When you chat on your messenger or WhatsApp, you can see an enrolling indicator when the other person is typing. Also, you will get an indicator when the person has seen your message. However, when a person is disturbing you with messages, you can get anxious about whether he is getting a notification or not when you check his messages.
In that situation, you need to know ” Can iPhone users see when Android users are typing?” In a simple answer, no, he won’t get any read receipt if you check his message.
This message-sending feature of Android follows some protocol that doesn’t allow the sender to get any notification when the reader reads a message. But the situation changes if you are an iPhone user. If an iPhone user sends a message on your iPhone, he will get a notification when you check his message.
Can Iphone Users See When Android Users Are Typing?
In a simple answer, no. An iPhone user can’t see when an Android user is typing. Because the phone messaging system on Android follows some security protocol called the RCS protocol, which doesn’t allow you to send any notification to the sender when you check a message on your Android phone.
Third-party apps like Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp do provide an indicator when someone is typing a message in a conversation with the receiver. But this feature isn’t included in the phone messaging software. So if there is any acidity in you about whether the sender of a message is getting any notification or not, you can rest assured.
How to tell when Android users are typing?
There is a certain way to see when Android users are typing. The process is described below.
Step 1: Installing Message Beta on your phone
- First, swipe down your notification panel and look for the wifi icon.
- When you get that icon, click on it to turn on the wifi.
- After that, go to your app list and click on the search option.
- Type “Google Play Store” in the search box and search.
- When the Google Play Store icon appears on your screen, click on it to open it.
- In the top right corner of the Google Play Store, there will be a search icon. Click on it.
- There, type “message”.
- When the message installation page appears on your screen, click on it and look for the option named “Join Beta”.
- If you get that option, click on it and restart the Google Play Store.
- Now go to the message installation page again.
- You will see that a new update for the message has appeared on it.
- Click on the “Update” option to update it.
Step 2: Restarting Your Android Device
- After that, you need to click on your Android phone’s power button and hold it for a couple of moments.
- You will see four different options have appeared on your screen.
- Choose to reboot there.
- Wait until the rebooting process is complete.
Step 3: Clearing storage of “Carrier Service” and “Messages”
- Now go to the settings application on your mobile.
- Click on the search icon at the top of the screen.
- Type “Apps” there.
- All the app settings will appear on your screen. Look for “carrier service” there.
- When you get it, click on it and choose “Clear Storage” there.
- Now look for the “Message” application in the app settings and clear its storage also.
Step 4: Installing the activity launcher and adjusting some settings there
- Again, go to the Google Play store.
- Search for “activity launcher”.
- When the installation page of the activity launcher appears on your screen, select the “Install” option.
- Wait until the installation process is finished.
- After the installation process is over, click on the icon of the activity launcher to open it.
- There will be a menu in the application. Look for the “All Activity” option there.
- When you get that option, click on it.
- A new menu will appear on the screen; select “Messages” there.
- In the messages tab, you need to look for the “Set RCS flags” option.
- When you get that option, click on it.
- Now you have to clear your Android phone’s RAM to clear all the apps that you are running.
Step 5: Adjusting some settings so that you can check if someone is typing on Android or not
- Now you have to get into the message application on your Android phone.
- You will see a pop-up appear on your phone screen, indicating that a new update has been made available for the RCS.
- Click on that pop-up and select “Update now”.
- When the updating is completed, go to the homepage of the message application.
Now you can see an enrolling indicator when any android user starts typing.
You may also be interested to know: