Windows 10 allows users to use multiple monitors at once. Accessing to the functions of such monitors seems tricky. That being said, to adjust the extended monitor’s brightness, users have to use the physical buttons placed on the monitor. Third-party software like Dimmer, Monitorian, Windows 10 Brightness Slider would also do the work.
This article will take you on a tour of how to adjust brightness on extended monitor windows 10 step-by-step process. The reason would be to protect your eye and have a comfortable experience. Without wasting time, let’s start.
Here we’ll put the limelight on Monitorian software to adjust brightness on extended monitors in windows 10.
This is a free software for Windows 10 to change external monitors’ brightness with great ease straight from the Windows 10 taskbar. In the free version, you can use a maximum of 4 monitors very easily.
- First of all, download Monitorian from the GitHub link and install it right away.
- Then from the system tray, click on the icon to see the external as well as built-in display connected to your device.
- Now, to adjust the brightness, drag the slider.
There is more third-party software, but you can also follow the given methods as well.
Changing brightness manually:
To change the brightness of your monitor, you can do it manually in Windows 10. Simply go through the following steps:
Step 1: First, open up the settings by pressing the shortcut key on your keyboard Windows Key + I. Then browse to System and select Display.
Step 2: Now, using the brightness slider that you’ll find underneath Brightness and color, change according to your preference. If you drag it to the left, it’ll be dimmer and to the right side brighter.
Step 3: In many cases, you might not find the slider; it indicates two things.
- You are probably using an external monitor. In this case, you have to use the buttons to change the brightness.
- Else you need to use the display driver.
Step 4: In order to update the driver, you have to press the Windows + X, followed by a click on Device manager.
Step 5: Next, open the display adapters and press on the graphics card.
Step 6: Lastly, update the driver and continue to follow the wizard prompt.
Saving Battery Life:
You can automatically adjust brightness on the extended monitor by saving battery life. Reducing the brightness on your portable device’s screen will help save more power out of its battery. You can enable Windows 10 battery saving feature in order to lower the brightness of your monitor automatically.
- Simply press the Windows key + I to get the Settings, then select System and Battery. Then enable the Battery saver settings.
- Lastly, check the box Lower screen brightness while in battery saver.
Using Power Plan:
Depending on if your device is charging or running on battery power, you can change the brightness. Set a lower brightness level if it’s not plugged-in to save battery life. To do this:
1. First, bring into Run by pressing Windows Key + R on your keyboard, type Control Panel in the box, and press OK. You can do the same thing using the search option next to the Windows icon.
2. Then browse to Hardware. Next to the Sound, and from there, select Power Options.
3. Afterward, you can change the plan settings by selecting the plan you like.
4. Once you have done that, you can adjust your On-battery and Plugged-in levels using the Change plan brightness slider.
5. Finally, click on Save changes to complete the process.
Use Windows 10 Adaptive brightness feature:
Preferably, your display’s brightness should balance the ambient light, which should feel comfortable in your eyes also. An approach in dealing with this is to set the brightness automatically depending on the amount of light in the room.
You can enable this feature if your computer seems to have a brightness detector or sensor. If your device has a sensor, then you can activate it by the following process:
Step 1: At the beginning, to open up the Settings, press Windows key + I and proceed to System > Display.
Step 2: Now, if you found the option named Change brightness automatically when lighting changes, turn it on by clicking. But, if you don’t find the option, then your device doesn’t have the sensor.
Step 3: There is a more suitable plan for you if you adjust the brightness via the Control Panel, as you can adjust brightness depending on your power plan. Open up the Control Panel using the previously discussed method.
Step 4: As you open the control panel, choose the Hardware and Sound. From there, Power options, Followed by Change plan settings and Change advanced power settings.
Step 5: Lastly, simply expand the Display option and activate adaptive brightness. Then pick On battery and Plugged-in from the dropdown menu.
Here you go, now your PC will adapt with the brightness which plans you have chosen. This way, you can adjust brightness according to your convenience.
How to adjust the monitor’s brightness Using the Shortcut key?
Answer: Some quick shortcut keys can make your work done in seconds. Here are two we’ll be sharing:
- Windows key + A: The Action Center icon in the taskbar helps you to change brightness easily. You can adjust the brightness using the slider at the furthest right corner of the screen.
- Even you can use good third-party software. You can use Windows 10 Brightness Slider. This small software will install a brightness icon in your device tray, which you can then press to change your brightness using a slider, similar to how the volume icon functions.
Go through the link to the GitHub project. Then install and open the file; you can find it automatically into your tray. Now play with it.
How to adjust monitor’s brightness Using Windows Mobility Center?
Answer: By using Windows mobility center, you can manually regulate the brightness also. To do that:
- First, press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
- Then click on Mobility center to get access to the brightness slider to adjust the screen’s brightness.
Hopefully, you have learned a lot from this article on how to adjust brightness on extended monitor Windows 10. Follow the process as it is. This way, you can protect your eye from damage and have a better experience.
Let us know if you face any problems applying the methods. We’d love to help you along.