Who doesn’t love to play with the customization of their Windows PC? Luckily, Windows 10 has several dedicated settings to customize your PC. You can change the overall theme to changing wallpaper, modifying particular colors to what not, Windows 10 has it all. The most amazing part is you can even change the taskbar color also. But to be frank, it is quite tricky. Those who don’t know the trick, make a blunder, and taskbar settings appear grayed out.
Don’t despair! We are here to help you out. In this article, we’ll guide you with four separate ways on how to change taskbar colors in windows 10. Let’s look at them below.
Four Ways to Change Taskbar Color:
The taskbar is an essential feature of our computer that we use on a regular basis. Whatever we do, the taskbar is obvious to be visible. Therefore, customizing this feature so that we love to use it makes total sense. Below we described four methods for you:
Changing Color Settings:
There are four ways you can change colors on your windows 10. You can switch between a light or dark theme for Windows elements (such as the Start Menu and Taskbar) and applications. However, the third option allows you to completely personalize the colors. You can use the dark mode in your Windows and let the other apps be in the light theme or vice versa.
Surprisingly, in the Color option if you are selecting Light then you can’t change the taskbar color. It’ll look grayed out. That’s why either you use the dark option or play with Custom. There is also a twist, in the Custom method you have to choose the default Windows mode as Dark, not Light.
Don’t worry! Follow the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: First, go to Settings from the Windows 10 Start Menu. There is a shortcut that you can also use which is Windows key + I.
Step 2: Then navigate to Personalization and from the left sidebar select Colors.
Step 3: Now from the drop-down menu ‘Choose your color‘, pick Dark or Custom. Proceed to the next section if you choose Dark. On the other hand, if you choose Custom, you will have two choices. You have to select Dark in the option named ‘Choose your default Windows mode‘. In the next option, set the app mode to Dark or Light.
Step 4: After that, scroll down to the box ‘Start, taskbar, and action center’ and click to check the box. Then, choose the color palette you like to use on your Windows 10.
Step 5: Lastly, to apply all the steps, Restart your computer.
Change Your Theme:
Many of us use third-party themes as our go-to option. If you are doing the same, you might be interfering with the color settings which are responsible for the color change of the taskbar. Because of that, you should consider changing the default theme.
Here are the steps:
Step 1: At the beginning of the process go to Settings using the shortcut key Windows key + I on your keyboard.
Step 2: Then, browse to Personalization and followed by Themes.
Step 3: At the bottom, you’ll find a list of themes, select the Windows theme to apply.
Step 4: Now Restart your computer. If you find the issue isn’t solved yet, then navigate to Colors. Then click and check the box named ‘Start, taskbar, and action center’. Choose the color according to your taste. This process is also applicable to change the taskbar color. Repeat the process as it is.
Disable Accent color:
Sometimes Windows apply automatic color to your taskbar. In that case, you need to disable the option from Colors settings. To do that:
- Simply go to Settings then Personalization and Colors consecutively as described earlier.
- Further, under the option Choose your accent color, click and uncheck the box named ‘Automatically pick an accent color from my background.’ That’s it.
Disabling Color Filter:
Already your problem should be solved but if not, you can also try disabling or turning off the Color filter settings on Windows 10. For that, go through the below-discussed steps:
Step 1: Press Windows key + I and go to Settings on your PC. Then select Ease of Access.
Step 2: From the left sidebar select Color Filter. Without thinking too much, toggle off the option labeled with ‘Turn on color filters’.
How to adjust the size of the Windows 10 Taskbar?
Answer: You can change the height and width of the taskbar. Here’s how:
To change the height:
- First, unlock the taskbar. In order to do that right-click on the taskbar and choose “Lock the taskbar.” If you find any tick mark on the option then it is locked, if not then already unlocked.
- Now, place the cursor of the mouse at the edge of the taskbar, it’ll change into a resize cursor.
- Then, press and drag the cursor to change the height. Once you adjust it accordingly then release the button.
- Don’t forget to lock the taskbar.
To change the width:
- Start with changing the taskbar’s position to vertical.
- Then, place the cursor at the edge. When it turned into a resize cursor with a two-sided arrow press and drag to adjust the size.
- Release the mouse as the size seems okay to you.
How do I make the Windows 10 taskbar black?
Answer: This is so simple to make your taskbar color black. Here’s what you should do:
Open the Settings using shortcut Windows Key + I on your keyboard.
- Select Personalization from the section.
- Then click ‘Colors’ on the left side panel.
- Now, switch off “Transparency Effects” in the “More Options” section at the bottom of the page.
- Finally, click and uncheck the box “Start, taskbar, and action center”. As you did this, you’ll see a fresh black taskbar appear on your Windows.
Expectantly, you get to know all the methods to change the taskbar colors in Windows 10. We tried to describe everything in a quite simple manner. However, if you have any further quarry related to this article don’t forget to let us know in the comment section so we will come with an answer.
You can also check the article, where is the taskbar on Windows 10. For more amazing articles like this keep following.