Giving a secured WiFi password to your internet subscription is a must. It is because nowadays it is becoming easier for intruders to break into your wifi and use it thoroughly. This is one of the most common reasons the internet speed through wifi gets slower at the time of need.
Many of us do not know how to change Wifi Password Globe easily at home. You do not need to call the ISP and pay an extra charge to do this simple procedure. But before that, you have to do the step-by-step procedure about how to change the globe at home and the wifi password.
There are some criteria you have to keep in mind before you proceed. Otherwise, the existing settings in your router may get altered. Therefore, you may have to reset the entire settings. This article will guide you through the steps to change your wifi router password easily.
How To change Globe At Home Wifi Password
Here we shall guide you through logging into your existing router profile and changing the wifi password easily.
Most of the time the Internet Service Provider(ISP) would change the router/modem logging settings. You must ask for the logging settings from them. If you had configured the router settings yourself then it may not be necessary. But, it also happens that the router logging criteria remain to the default.
- First, check that the modem, router, and the ONU (Fiber Optic Media Converter) have been turned on and working properly.
- Check on the lights blinking on those devices.
- Connect your device to the wifi. The device can be either a laptop, smartphone, or tablet.
Logging Into the Globe At Home System
Most of the routers have a common gateway and IP through which you can enter into the router settings wirelessly.
- Go to the web browser on your device.
- Enter the default IP address for your Globe At Home is 192.168.254.254. The IP address of the modem differs from model to model. In order to get the exact login credentials, you have to look at the back-bottom of the modem. In a sticker, the Ip address, default user id, and password can be found.
- On the next page, look at the upper corner end of the page. There you shall locate the Login button.
- Press Enter and wait for entering the login page.
- A tab will open asking for the router login criteria such as user id and password.
- Enter the id and password to get into the homepage of your Globe At Home router.
- If you had not changed the system id and password then it must have been the default.
- The user-id should be “Admin” and Password would be “ admin” as well.
- If not then the user id can be “Admin” and Password would be “user”. Elsewise, turn over the modem and locate a piece of the sticker where the id and password can be found.
- If none of these works then you may have to reset all the settings of the router starting afresh.
Navigating to the Wifi password changing page
Considering you have successfully logged in to your modem home page. Then you must go to another page where all the basic settings of the wifi and router can be altered. For this, search for the “ Basic WiFi Settings” or “Wireless Settings” or ”Wifi settings” on the home page.
You can find it next to the Home Button on the top. The user interface may be changed from model to model of the modem. But, the steps are quite similar in most of the models of the modems. Press or tap the Wifi settings button and wait for the next page to load.
Changing the Wifi Password
On the Wifi settings page, you shall get all the basic settings of your modem such as the SSID, Security Type, and Password options. You can easily alter and change the settings to change the password and even the SSID of your wifi network.
To do this, simply tap into the “show password” button. Next move the cursor to the existing password, delete it and add a new password according to your wish. You must add strong passwords which are hard to crack and not easily recognizable. You can add mixtures of Upper and Lower Cases, special icons, and numbers.
After entering the new password, tap on the “Apply” button in the lower right corner. Tapping the Apply button will remove the wifi network from all the devices that were connected beforehand. You have to connect to the wifi again by giving the new password. Therefore, following these simple steps the wifi password on your Globe At Home modem can be changed easily.
You may not find the SSID and Password changing options in the Wifi settings. Then locate the “Advanced WiFi Settings” button. There you will get all the required options to alter the wifi, modem, and network settings.
In case you have forgotten the Modem Login Credentials
It is a common phenomenon that most of the time people simply forget the modem login id and password. In such cases, all you have to do is to reset the entire modem. This will reroute the modem settings and the network settings to default.
- You will find a little button just adjacent to the WLAN port on the back of the modem.
- Using a small thin pin, press the reset button for 5 seconds.
- All the lights will blink for a while while the modem resets the settings.
- After completion, using a device, you need to connect to the router via wifi network and change the SSID, Security, and Password.
- After that, enter the network credentials as required from your ISP or SIM. Then attach the WLAN cable and restart the modem.
How to Change wifi password globe at home using a cellphone?
- Connect your cellphone/smartphone to the wifi network coming from the Globe At Home.
- Go to Google Chrome/Firefox or the default web browser on your smartphone.
- Enter 192.168.254.254 which is the default IP of the Globe At Home models.
- Locate the login menu button from the home page and tap on the button.
- Enter the User ID and password of the modem.
- Then go to the Wifi settings or Advanced Wifi settings.
- Delete the previous password and enter a new desired password and tap the Apply button for completion.
How to Change wifi password globe at home postpaid 2020?
The postpaid connections are somewhat different from the prepaid connection in terms of network settings. But, it does not alter the basic wifi password-changing methods. Follow the steps to change the wifi password of Globe At Home.
- Firstly connect your laptop to the desired wifi network
- Go to the internet browser and enter 192.168.254.254 in the address bar
- In the setup, the menu enters the modem user Id and password.
- Navigate the home page to locate the Wireless LAN settings option.
- In the submenu, you will get the security options and the password option.
- Tap the password and change it as you wish. You can use different unrecognizable passwords for increasing their strength.
- Finally, tap the APPLY button for completing the procedure.
How to Change Wifi Password Globe At Home gan4pt?
- In the address bar of the internet browser enter 192.168.254.254 or 192.168.1.1
- In the user, login menu enter the id as “admin” and the Password “UJUh2VemEfUtesEchEC2d2e”
- Now, on the homepage of the modem go to the “Interface” section and in the subsection of “Interface setup”.
- You will have the option to change the SSID and the password.
- Enter a strong and new password and tap on Apply to save the settings.
How to Change Wifi Password Globe At Home ZTE h288a?
- The ZTE h288a model of the Globe at home modem has different login IP.
- Enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of the web browser of your device
- In the login section put the user id as “admin” and the default password as “3UJUh2VemEfUtesEchEC2d2e”. You can copy and paste the password to avoid any type of errors.
- Locate the wifi settings from the Home interface of the modem.
- Under the SSID option replace the existing password with a new one and tap APPLY to save it.
How to Change Wifi Password Globe At Home Postpaid 2021?
- For the postpaid connections, the password changing options are similar to the prepaid networks.
- At first, entering the 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.254.254 load the router login menu
- The modem login password for Huawei modems is @l03e1t3 and for GPON routers is tattoo@home. Under both circumstances, the user-id remains the same as “user”.
- Locate the setup button on the top right corner.
- In the wifi settings options, you will be allowed to enter a new password just below the SSID option.
- Type the new password for your wifi and press the Apply changes button.
You may also be interested to know:
A strong wifi password is a must. It is very sensitive to leave your wifi network open or give a weak password. Hackers and intruders can tap into your device storage and steal sensitive information. That is why for general safety you have to change the wifi password from time to time.
By simply knowing how to change Wifi Password Globe you can keep the password of your wifi network updated. This way, you can keep your digital data safe and enjoy high-speed internet without any difficulty.