Can you guess what is the worst feeling ever? It’s to forget the Wi-Fi password and then try to decode it like an outside hacker!
Since you are here, we assume you are familiar with this frustrating feeling. Or, you might want to test the security of the Wi-Fi to see if the hackers can access it or not.
Whatever the reason is, you are now here asking how to decode wifi password using android. Don’t worry as it’s not that hard these days. All you have to do is follow this article till the end.
Here we will discuss different types of Wi-Fi security, methods of decoding, and finally how you can seal the loopholes in your system.
So if you are interested, let’s not waste any more time and cut to the chase!
How to Decode WiFi Password Using Android?
Get To Know-Wi-Fi Password Security:
Indeed, there are four types of Wi-Fi security systems to choose from. And every type comes with its security management system. That means the decoding process will be different for each of them. So let’s take a quick look into the categories:
WEP: WEP or the “wired equivalent privacy” was the first and foremost Wi-Fi security encryption. That explains why it has so many flaws. Not soon after its introduction, the hackers found the loopholes and cracked the security system.
The main reason behind its fallout was the small IV size. Users had to reuse the IV keys. As a result, it became easier and more common to hack the passwords. If you want a Wi-Fi security system, we wouldn’t suggest the WEP. It would be a risky deal.
WPA: WPA is the short-form of “Wi-Fi protected Access.” The WEP is its predecessor. The encryption became famous due to the upgrade from 64-bit to 128-bit. That’s a remarkable improvement. Plus, the WPA requires longer passwords than WEP. It contributes to the strength of the system.
But hackers found defects in this security encryption as well. The thing is, WPA uses the TKIP or temporal key integrity protocol to generate newer keys automatically. Although it sounds like a good idea, it is not. For example, you are in a hotel that requires digital cards to unlock each room. That means, only you can open the door. However, anybody can get a card from the desk.
WPA2: As the name suggests it is an updated version of its predecessor WPA. The passwords are longer and harder to crack. Every user gets a unique key and that’s what fueled the popularity of WPA2 throughout the world. The majority of the Wi-Fi security system has used WPA2 encryption. To avoid the TKIP issue, it used AES or advanced encryption standards.
You might know that AES is also used to protect government information. That means the security is top-class. But it is not free from vulnerability too. Once a hacker gets access to the network, he can easily hack into the devices of other users in the same network area.
WPA3: This is the third update of WPA. It is free from all the threats and security issues of WPA and WPA2. Right now, this provides the highest security for Wi-Fi networks. If you ask us, we would recommend going for the WPA3. It comes with both WPA3-personal and WPA3-enterprise packages. So you can choose accordingly and protect your data.
How to Hack WiFi Password in Android Mobile without Rooting
Alert: “We are discussing these methods for educational purposes only. We do not support any kind of unethical hacking. Hence the content of this article should not be misused by the reader.”
So let’s jump into the methods if you are agreed with that:
1. WPS Button
For this method, you will not require any additional app or rooting.
- Go to your Wi-Fi router and look for the “WPS” button.
- Push that button and then you have only 60 seconds. In this timeframe, you have to connect it with your phone. Otherwise, you will lose the opportunity.
- Now move towards the phone and open the “settings.” From there you have to find “WiFi.” Or you can simply tap on the “Wi-Fi” sign on the notification bar. It works both ways.
- So scan the list of available networks and find your Wi-Fi network. Tap on that name and it will ask for a password.
- Avoid the password and tap on “more.” Do you see the “WPS push Button” there? Click on that.
- The connection process will start within a few seconds.
2. QR Code
- Go to the phone’s settings> tap on “wireless and other networks.”
- From there pick the “wi-fi.”
- Now all the available networks in your area will appear.
- Tap on the network and a QR code will show up. You have to take a snap of it.
- Now open the browser of your phone and search for zxing.org
- Once you land on that website, you will see an “upload” sign.
- Now go to the folder where you saved that screenshot and drag it here.
- Click the submit button and it will show you the accurate password.
- Now copy that password and go to the settings again.
- Tap on the wi-fi network and paste the password there. And that’s it. You can connect to the network again.
3. IP Address
- Go to the web browser and type 192.168.10.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- It will ask for a username and password.
- Move to the back of the router. There you will find the admin username and password.
- Note that down and copy it into the browser.
- Now you have logged inside. The page here is the settings menu.
- From there we will choose “wireless” > and then “security.”
- Tap on the ‘click here.” it will display the wi-fi password.
- This app is not available in the Google Play Store. So you have to use Google to find the .apk version. Just search for androdumper.apk.
- Now download the 3.11 version.
- Make sure you are offline while trying this method. You won’t succeed if the data is on.
- Now check the back of the router. You will see a “pin.” It is an eight-digit number. Remember it or note it down.
- Let’s move back to our app. Open it and provide the custom pin.
- Now, wait for a bit. You might need to give the pin again.
- After some time, your phone will automatically connect to the router.
How to Hack WiFi Password in Android Mobile with Root
We have already covered the part for android phones that are not rooted. Now we will discuss the methods that require rooting. Once you root the phone, you get to use a lot of applications that weren’t available before.
Rooting refers to taking the control of your phone and customizing it however you want. Hackers can use these apps on their rooted devices to access your password. Check the methods below:
1. WiFi WPS WPA Tester App
The purpose of this app was to help users examine their Wi-Fi security. However, programmers added more features to it. And now hackers use it to decode a password and get access. It uses the dictionary attack method to crack the key.
- First, you will have to install the app from Google Play Store.
- Now, you can enter it and allow it access to your phone.
- It will ask for location access. Make sure you turn that on too.
- Now choose the Wi-Fi network among the list. It will ask for a password.
- Avoid it and click on the “advanced settings” option.
- The wi-fi network sign will appear again. Tap on that.
- You will see a notification asking whether you have the authority to test this Wi-Fi network. Click yes.
- Then you will get a “success” message notifying the password to you. Or you might fail due to Google restrictions.
2. WPS App
WPS app helps in ethical hacking. You can give it a try to know the password of your Wi-Fi:
- Go to the Google Play Store and Install the WPS App.
- Enter the app and it will scan the area for available networks. A list will pop up before you.
- Choose a network you want to connect to. It will show you a window.
- Choose the “connect with pin.”
- Then instead of a password, you have to give the “custom pin.”
- Provide the pin and give it some time to load.
And you will see that the connection is successful.
3. WPS Connect
- You have to follow the usual method to install this app from the Google Play Store.
- Now open it. And also allow it to root the device.
- Okay, the primary step is over. Now go to the menu button on the top corner and tap on it.
- Then give a tap on the screen too. Within a minute you will notice all the available networks in a list.
- Some of the networks will be in a green zone. Make sure to choose a network from that particular area. Because those networks have the WPS system. As the name suggests the networks should have WPS encryption.
- Click on the network and select “try to connect.”
- And it will show you a list of passwords. You can choose any number you want.
- After a few seconds, the mission will be successful and you will get the password. But it must be within your range. If not, then you have to repeat the process.
- After that, you can just copy that password manually and connect to the network.
How Do You Enhance Your Wi-Fi Security?
One thing to remember is that hacking a Wi-Fi password as an outsider is not a piece of cake. They need access to several resources. The methods we mentioned here are for you to test the network security. If your network is too weak, only then these methods will be useful to a hacker.
Sometimes average hackers can crack a password because you avoided some basic steps and let the door open. In this segment, we will make it clear and help you seal the cracks in the security system.
- Make sure you always use the latest firmware. What is firmware? Well, it is the software that operates the router. When you set up a router, you should check the version. Because the latest versions will be better at closing up security threats. You can simply log in> find the firmware model> navigate for the latest update> and download it. it is not complicated at all.
- The next tip will be to avoid the default Wi-Fi network name that comes with the router. Every router comes with a name containing the company name, model number, etc. that’s how it comes out of the box. But you must not leave it that way. It is like telling everyone which equipment you are using along with the version number. That’s not very smart.
- Creating a strong and unique password should be your biggest concern. Be sure to change the default password and use one that is not available in the dictionary.
- We already explained the characteristics of different Wi-Fi security systems. WEP is the least secure one. You will have a hard time protecting it against hackers. Because it has multiple defects in it. We would suggest using a WPA2 instead. Though it is not the latest, it is fairly secure for you to use.
The good news is that most of the routers that were manufactured after 2016 are under WPA2 security encryption. So it is easy to get. But try to always look out for the latest WPA3. Because the newer the better.
- Most routers give you the facility to see who is using your Wi-Fi network. Find that list and make sure you can identify each one of those devices. You will find your laptop, tablet, iPad, smartphone, etc on that list.
But don’t panic as soon as you can’t identify a device. It can be your smart TV using the connection or the security cameras and so on. But if you want to be sure, switch off the Wi-Fi connection and switch off all the devices as well.
Now what you have to do is switch on the Wi-Fi and only turn on the Smart TV. If the unidentified device was your TV, you can see it on the list. To avoid future misunderstandings, rename the device.
From that point on, you can just take a look at the list, see what devices are connected and if they are yours. And make sure you go to the router’s settings and block the unknown devices.
- Another useful tip will be to switch in the guest mode. You can find this feature in the settings. What it does is separate your Wi-Fi network from the guests still giving them internet access. This way your network remains safe and protected even if many people are using it.
You see, the steps were pretty simple and straight. But the thing is, most of us neglect these steps. And we only become conscious when the game is already over or in this case when we are on the radar of a hacker.
So, without any more delay, enhance the protection of your Wi-Fi network!
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q’s):
1. Can You Hack Wi-Fi With Root?
Yes, you can decode the Wi-Fi password with root. Most of the apps require “rooting” for you to continue because it is unethical and companies restrict such operations.
2. Is It Possible to Hack Wi-Fi Password?
Yes, it is possible. The reason why the WEP and WPA network systems failed was the threat of hacking. That’s why we advise you to always stick with the latest firmware as it comes with extra protection and less risk.
3. Which Wi-Fi Encryption Is Hard To Hack?
The WPA3 encryption is the latest and very hard to hack. We can’t say it is impossible but the hacker would require access to certain equipment. But an average hacker trying to get access to free internet won’t have such equipment with him. So, you can relax.
4. How Do I Know If Someone Hacked My Wi-Fi?
Go to the Wi-Fi settings option and scan the active devices connected to the network. You will be able to identify the devices at your home. If you can’t identify a device, that might be a hacker.
You may also be interested to know:
In this article, we dived into the characteristics of different Wi-Fi security systems. We also showed you how to decode wifi password using android. Finally, you have learned how you can put a barrier so nobody can use those methods again to hack your password.
Our purpose was to let you know about the method so that you can protect an effective shield around your Wi-Fi security system. And if you have lost your password, you can use these methods to get access again.
Once you have decoded the password, make sure to install extra privacy, for which nobody else can follow your tracks. Other than that, we do not support unethical Wi-Fi password hacking.