There are a variety of reasons why you would want to delete a contact from your Android phone. Including outdated contacts, someone who hasn’t communicated with you in a long time, or selling the phone to someone else. Even too many contacts making the system unstable and slow. But you may don’t know how to delete a contact from Android.
On Android, deleting contacts is a piece of cake. However, based on your needs, there are several ways to delete contacts on Android, like deleting only one thing or multiple, or all of the contacts on your Android phone. You can even delete WhatsApp or Facebook contacts.
That’s why, in this article, to make the process clearer and transparent, we’ll go through each method for deleting contacts on your Android phone.
Method 1. Delete Contacts on Android with the Contacts App
Delete particular contact on Android:
- To get started, tap the Contacts App. It may be displayed as “People” on some Android phones.
- Then find the contacts you want to delete in the list of contacts. The contacts are arranged alphabetically for the most part.
- Once you’ve found it, hold down the name of the contact you want to delete. Then a menu of options will appear on the screen, simply select “Delete.” The contact will be removed from your Android phone once you click the “OK” button.
Delete multiple Android contacts:
- Firstly, click the menu button after opening the Contacts App displayed as three vertical dotted icons. You’ll get a number of choices.
- When you tap “Delete,” an unchecked box will appear next to each contact.
- On some Android phones, instead of three vertical dots, there may be an Edit option; tap it to display the unchecked box.
- Select the contacts you want to delete by checking the box. If you don’t want to delete a contact, you can simply tap it again to deselect it.
- To delete the selected contacts, tap “OK.” Lastly, in order to confirm, tap “Delete.”
Delete all Android contacts:
You can also find a “Delete All” option on some Android devices. In order to do that follow the described steps:
- Firstly, open your Contacts app and select Edit.
- Then, tap on the “All” option to select all the contacts.
- Lastly, tap on Delete to erase all the contacts.
If you’re tired of working on Android phones due to their small screens and failure to see all information at once, you can uninstall Android contacts more quickly and precisely on your device. Check out the second method and see how to do it.
Method 2: Delete Contacts on Android with AnyDroid
You can try out AnyDroid, the best Android data manager, to uninstall contacts from an Android phone on a PC or Mac device. You can even do the job on it as you would on an Android device. Besides that, AnyDroid allows you to see all contact details, not just the phone number, and moreover email accounts and other types of information as well.
Moreover, you should be aware that deleting data from Android can be risky, because of how difficult it is to recover deleted data. So, before you delete contacts on Android, use AnyDroid to back them up on your phone. You can also share Contacts from one Android phone to another.
- First of all, download AnyDroid for free on your PC or Mac and run it.
- Now connect it to your Android phone and select your desired Contacts from the drop-down menu.
- After that, all of the contacts on your Android phone will be shown, together with their information
- Choose contacts you want to get rid of and to delete the selected contacts from your Android phone, click the trash button.
Method 3: Delete WhatsApp Contacts on Android
Since WhatsApp shows all contacts based on the list stored in your Android phone’s address book, it is technically impossible to delete a contact directly from the app. If you ever want to delete a contact from WhatsApp, you can do so by deleting them from your Android phone. Follow the steps below:
- At the beginning, open WhatsApp on your Android phone, then go to the contacts tab and find the contact you want to delete.
- After that, to get to the contact information tab, tap the contact > Select “View in address book” from the “Menu” drop-down options.
- In the end, the option to remove the contact from the phone’s address book will then appear. After you’ve finished deleting the contact, check your WhatsApp contact list to see if it’s still there.
Method 4: Delete Facebook Contacts on Android
It is much easier to delete Facebook contacts on Android than it is to delete Whatsapp contacts. To do it, follow the steps below:
- In the beginning, on your Android phone, open the Settings app.
- Then scroll down and locate Facebook.
- After that, the Facebook Sync settings will appear. Select “None” after unchecking the “Sync Contacts” option. Your Android device’s synced contacts will be removed because of this decision.
You can uninstall not only phone contacts but also WhatsApp and Facebook contacts using the four methods mentioned above. While we highly recommend AnyDroid as the best choice, since with it you do not just delete contacts on Android within 3 steps, but also move them to another place, like the computer, or another Android phone.
Q1. Why can’t I delete my contacts?
Answer: Did you follow the methods we described? We suggest you follow the method-1 described in the following article. You’ll surely be able to delete your contacts easily.
Q2: How do I delete contacts from my SIM card?
Answer: In order to delete contacts from SIM card follow the given steps:
- Firstly, you need to go to the Contacts app on your Android device.
- Select the contacts you wish to delete.
- Press and hold the contacts until they are marked with a tick.
- Lastly, tap on the Delete option and your contacts will be deleted instantly.