Snapchat is one of the best photo-sharing social media applications. And with time, it has broadened the menu with chat, call, and video. It deletes messages after a single view of the receivers and permanently removes them within a day.
Along with many updates, Snapchat improved the message-deleting option. Even after sending any message, you can remove it instantly before the other side unlocks it. This article will cover a proper guideline regarding how to delete snapchat messages without them knowing.
The bottom will also cover the conversation removing method and how to remove the saved item from the chat box. So, let’s see what the solutions are!
How to Delete Sent Messages on Snapchat Without them Knowing?
Technically, the Snapchat team deletes days, messages, and snaps 24 hours after view and opened by the receiver. But after sending something, if you find it unusual for the receiver and don’t want it to be seen, then there is a way to remove that message from the conversation.
Following this process, you can remove the message even if it’s seen:
- Open up the Snapchat application.
- Swipe left to extract the chat window.
- The list of chats conversation will open up.
- Click on the contact or chat box.
- Find the message that you want to remove.
- If that message is in save mode, then first, you have to unsave the item.
- Now tap on the message, and until a new card view pop-up, now click on the Delete.
This process will not pop up any notification. Still, on that specific deleted chat, it will show an indication, so the user will understand that you have deleted a conversation.
How to Delete Sent Messages on Snapchat that Other Person Saved?
A recipient cannot save any snap or message unless you give them permission to do so.
They can only store your text for as long as you let them save it. You can also define the saving length for a specified amount of time, such as 24 hours or more.
As an owner, you can remove the saved message from the receiver’s phone even after you’ve set the time duration. Don’t need to alter anything in the settings; you can fix it right inside the conversation window. Follow the steps thoroughly:
- Open the Snapchat application and slide the screen from left to right to open the chat list.
- Extract the chat with the person.
- Find the message and long press on the text.
- A floating card view window will appear.
- Select the first Unsave in chat option from the menu list. This command will disable the save option from both sides.
- Now long press on the text and select the delete option from the new menu.
- This method will remove the message from both sides. So, the saved message on the other side will auto-remove.
How to Clear Conversation from Snapchat?
There are two ways that you can follow to remove the entire conversation. These procedures will not remove the saved messages, so the saved links, photos, and text will remain untouched inside the chat. Remember that this process is not equivalent to the saved item delete.
So, even if you delete the entire conversation, it will still remain the same on the other side. To delete both sides’ messages, you have to remove them separately after disabling the saving mode.
This is an optional method, a bit spiral, but it works well. This process directly enters the profile and allows you to remove the conversation:
- Open the Snapchat application and at the top left corner, click on the Bitmoji (cartoon symbol).
- Bitmoji will open up the profile.
- At the top right corner, click on the settings icon.
- Inside the settings menu, scroll down and find the Account Actions.
- From the New menu, you will see the Clear Conversation options.
- Tap on that option, and it will open the chat list.
- Along with each conversation, there will be a cross mark, click on that, and before deleting, Snapchat will ask for your permission again, so press Clear.
This is the regular and flattest method. Most of the users follow this technique to remove any conversation.
- After opening the Snapchat application, open the chat list by sliding the screen to the right.
- Find the conversation and long-press on it.
- A new menu will appear, find the chat settings and click on the arrow on the right side of the settings.
- The arrow will extract another option; under that option, you will find “Clear from Chat Feed.” Click on that.
- This process will remove the entire conversation.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q’s):
Does Deleting Any Message Notify the Other Side User?
The process doesn’t send any notification for that, but the other side user will find that you have removed text. Because after deleting any message, the blank space becomes gray.
How to Recover Snapchat Password?
From the application, tap on the forget password, and you will get an option for getting a code via SMS or email. After the selection, if you don’t get the code, then press on the send again. If you have the code now, then place it in the blank space and reset the password.
Does Deleting My Account Will Remove Entire Conversation?
After requesting the support system to remove the account, the team deactivated the account by holding all the conversations with saved messages. Within 30 days, if you don’t request to get back, then Snapchat will remove the account along with saved data.
Can I Recover Snapchat Deleted Messages?
Go to the “My Data” option, and it will extract multiple options. From there, select the submit request and write the proposal. But the users say they never get replies for this type of recovery because the team maintains a high restriction.
Why Didn’t Conversation Clearing Remove My Chats Entirely?
It may happen even after removing the entire conversation when there is any saved message under that chat. So, if that message is unnecessary, you have to remove the saved chat separately and then remove the conversation.
Of course, the user may not be able to see the message but will know that you have removed it.
You may also interested to know: