If you are facing JRE Error, the resolve method mostly requires an update of the current version. This is the initial and basic formula you can apply. But instead of the update requirements, some other problems can be the reason for the JRE error.
When update doesn’t resolve, a proper installation and creation of a new path directory can solve it. Even while installing, if the file meets any disruption, you may undergo the same error. So in this article, we will include a straightforward fixing guideline on how to fix “java runtime environment not found” error.
For your convenience, we are going to give you both troubleshooting guide and JRE download method. So if you are not that familiar with them, then this might be your lucky day!
Why Does the “Java Runtime Environment Not Found” Error Occur?
Java Runtime Environment or JRE is essential for Java programs, and without JRE, you cannot run the Java program. This programming file comprises libraries and supporting tools. Moreover, it doesn’t contain any development kit.
Due to some software glitch, you can face the Java Runtime Environment not found error, and the possible reasons can be many related to the software. Mostly it happens when there is a download collapse; while doing the download, the process will remain incomplete if the file faces unwanted obstacles.
Even if the environment variable doesn’t cope with the current version and it’s not set properly, then also the error may occur. Make sure you don’t have multiple Java files on your device. If your device has more than one installed Java, it gets confused about which one it should use on each usage.
How to Fix “Java Runtime Environment Not Found” Error?
As it can transpire for various reasons, and you cannot specify the issue directly. Technically, you should first apply the troubleshooting method, but reinstalling the JRE is the best solution if that doesn’t work.
The reinstallation will auto bring all required changes, so all the previous problems will be solved.
Trouble Shooting Method:
- From the start menu, select the settings option.
- Select the Update and Security option from the new window.
- Pick Troubleshoot from the new floating window.
- The selection will open up a few troubleshooting options, and select the option you want to apply.
- After the selection, tap on the Run the Troubleshooter.
- While running, it may ask you required questions, and you have to answer them.
After the entire scan, if it says that there is an update and no changes are needed, then you have to pick another solution to solve the JRE not found error.
Java Runtime Environment or JRE Download:
- Go to the main JRE main official website.
- From the available version, list select the version and 64-bit size.
- Now click on the Agree and Download box.
- Right-click on the downloaded setup file and select the open option for the installation process.
- From the new window, don’t make any changes. All you need is to keep it on the default settings and press the Install.
- After the successful installation message, close the window.
- From the start menu, go to the control panel.
- Under the control panel, make sure you select System and Security.
- The selection will open up a new window. And from there, pick the System option.
- From the left new window, tap on the Advanced settings.
- Under the Advanced Settings, the System Properties will pop up; select the Environment Variables.
- From the new floating window under the System Variables, ensure to double-click on the Path option.
- Another new floating will appear; at the left corner, select the “New Option,” and it will create a blank box under the location directory.
- Now don’t press anything in the boxes; directly come on the folder option, and from the PC folder, select the C local drive.
- Under the C local Drive, select the Program files.
- Select the Java file.
- Under the Java file, you will see JRE1.8.0_241 click on that.
- Select the Bin option, and you will see all the api files.
- At the location, status click on the bin arrow.
- The arrow will extract the C drive location, now copy that.
- Now, close the window and go to the opened system variable box and paste the copied location on the blank new box.
- Press the OK button from the system variable and from the environment variables.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q’s):
How to Check Existing Java Versions?
Type the command prompt on the start menu and select Run as administrator. Run the java –version command, and this command will verify the version. From the Environment variable, it will show the currently existing Java version.
How to See the Java Location?
This is a C (C:\Program files\java\jdk-15.0.1\bin) drive directory program file, and it can be located in the Bin folder under the C drive. Go to the C drive, find the Java, and under the Java, you will find the JRE file, extract it and select the bin; right-click on it, and it will show you the location.
Are JRE and JDK the Same?
No, both are created for different purposes. The JRE needs to run the Java and JDK for developing Java program applets. Though both are different, the JDK includes the JRE for executing program files.
If you have an outdated JRE version installed, a Java Runtime error may show up. Reinstalling Java can help you when the troubleshooting didn’t assist, and you are unsure of how to resolve problems.
Hopefully, this article was enough for you to understand how to fix “java runtime environment not found” error and make sure you have the most recent version in order to resolve that particular problem. If nothing works, feel free to seek help from an expert.
You may also interested to know: