Sometimes, we forget the passcode of our smartphone or accidentally lock our phone. Or sometimes, someone pranks us to lock the phone. In that case, knowing how to reset an android phone that is locked is important and can save your day.
However, since there is no rule of thumb for resetting the locked phone. There are different methods of resetting for different brands. One method for one brand might not work for other brands.
But don’t worry, we have got your back. We will discuss all the popular methods for popular brands so that you can find the solution here. We will discuss:
1.How to reset a locked phone HTC? 2.How to reset a Samsung that is locked? 3.How to reset a phone that is locked LG? 4.How to reset the locked android phone Sony? 5.How to reset locked android phone Motorola?
How to reset an android phone that is locked
You already know what we are going to discuss below. So without wasting your time, let’s jump into the main discussion of How to reset an android phone that is locked step by step.
1. How to reset a locked phone HTC?
HTC is one of the most popular brands in the android smartphone industry. A large portion of the smartphone market is under this company. We will now show you the right process of resetting the HTC phone when it is locked.
- Step 1: Press and hold the volume down button
- Step 2: Simultaneously press the power button.
- Step 3: You will see the Android images. Until you see the images, keep holding the buttons.
- Step 4: Then simply release those two buttons.
- Step 5: Now you can use the volume down button in order to change the factory reset.
- Step 6: Finally, select the power button. You are done.
2. How to reset a Samsung that is locked?
Samsung is another most popular smartphone in the world right now. Almost every smartphone lover heard the name of this brand. Now, we will show you the step-by-step process of resetting the Samsung android phone when it is locked.
- Step 1: You need to press and hold up the volume key.
- Step 2: Simultaneously, press the power button as well as the home key.
- Step 3: Keep pressing it until you see the Samsung logo on screen. Once you see it, you can release the buttons.
- Step 4: Now use the volume key to go down to wipe data/factory reset option.
- Step 5: You can now choose yes to reset.
- Step 6: It will delete all of your data your phone has by simply tapping on the volume down key.
- Step 7: You will see your phone starts rebooting. And once it is done, you will have an unlocked phone.
3. How to reset a phone that is locked LG?
Similar to the Samsung and HTC, you need to use almost a similar method to reset a locked LG smartphone. To unlock your LG Android phone, follow the method below
- Step 1: Press and hold the volume key
- Step 2: Simultaneously, press the lock or power key you have on the side of the LG phone.
- Step 3: You should see the LG logo on the screen after a while.
- Step 4: When you see the logo, release the lock or power buttons. Do not release the volume button in this step.
- Step 5: After that, again press the power or lock key and hold it for a couple of seconds.
- Step 6: When you see a factory hard reset option on your screen, you can release all the buttons. Then go to the setting and reset your LG phone.
4. How to reset the locked android phone Sony?
When it comes to Sony, the process of resetting the locked smartphone is not the same as the others. For that, you need to follow the steps below
- Step 1: Make sure your phone is switched off. You don’t need to switch off your phone for Samsung or LG.
- Step 2: Now like Samsung or LG, press and hold the home, volume, and power key together.
- Step 3: You will see the Sony logo on the screen after a while.
- Step 4: Once you see the logo, you can release all the buttons.
- Step 5: Now use the volume key to go to the factory setting.
- Step 6: Select factory setting and use the power or home key for selection. You are done.
How to reset locked android phone Motorola?
Motorola is not different from Sony when it comes to resetting. You can follow almost the same steps below to reset.
- Step 1: Switch off the phone as you did with Sony.
- Step 2: Press the power, volume, and hold the key together and hold them for a while.
- Step 3: A logo on the screen should pop up after a couple of seconds.
- Step 4: Once you see the logo, release all three buttons.
- Step 5: Now go factory setting by using the volume keys.
- Step 6: Finally go to the factory setting to reset the button. Use the home key for selection.
How do you factory reset a locked Android phone?
You need to press the volume up button, power button, and home button simultaneously and release the buttons when vibrating. Then use the volume button and reset your locked android phone.
How do I unlock my Android phone if I forgot the password?
You need to put the wrong password for five times then click to the forget password option. Then use your Google username and password to unlock your android phone.
Is it possible to unlock a locked Android phone?
If you are the owner of your android phone and have a Google account signed in, you can unlock the phone.
Now you know how to reset an android phone that is locked. After reading this article, you can comfortably reset your smartphone when it is locked regardless of the brands. We have discussed and showed you the process of resetting for almost all the popular brands.
Knowing the right way of resetting a locked phone can save you time, hassle, and money. You need to visit a mechanic or customer service center unless you know it. Since you may experience this situation at any time and lose all of your valuable data, it is better to be careful all the time.