In this modern era, the smartphone gives us the flexibility to capture the unforgettable moments of our lives. This is simply astounding. But it has the opposite face also. There are times; you may have to encounter data loss on your mobile device. You may accidentally delete your favorite photos or wiped-out memory clean. What you’ll do? You probably look for a way to retrieve the deleted photos.
Don’t fret. Before it’s too late, we will catch you up. In this article, we’ll discuss how to retrieve deleted pic from Android. Go through this tutorial.
Recover Photos from Cloud:
These days cloud service facilitates saving your end number of photos in one place. It is secured and gives you unlimited space. Being an Android user, you may use some kind of cloud service to back up your photos. In this case, you can easily recover your photos following some simple steps.
Google Photos is the most popular cloud app among Android users. You can share your photos as well a massive chunk of space gives you the flexibility to backup photos. This app automatically backups your new photos and removes the main photo from the gallery. This feature sometimes gave panic to new users who are not familiar with it. Don’t fret; follow the given steps to recover your photos easily from Google Photos.
- Firstly, you have to launch the Google Photos application on your device.
- Then simply select the photos that are missing from your gallery.
- Now, tap on the three dots icon for More and choose Save to device.
Suppose you are a Dropbox user. You lost all your photos as you turned on the automatic backup option. Now you are concerned about how to get the photos back. If that’s the case, then follow the given steps to recover your photos.
- First of all, you have to launch the Dropbox application on your Android device.
- Then browse to the Camera Uploads folder. In case you moved the photos to another folder, then go to that particular location.
- Now, select the photos that you wish to recover.
- Then tap on more next to the three-dotted icon and select Save to Device to complete the process.
3. Google Drive:
Google Photos may not display photos that are automatically stored in Google Drive, so there should be another way to recover the deleted photos. However, we are providing you the method to recover them in a very simple manner. Follow the given steps:
- In the beginning, you have to open Google Drive on your smartphone.
- Choose the photos you’d like to restore.
- After that, you have to tap on the three-dot icon and select Download.
Recover Deleted Photos from an SD Card:
If you’re using an SD card as secondary storage, you can store much more pictures than you can if you only used the internet memory. But it leads you to such danger of losing your files. As a result, we need to look at how to retrieve deleted images from an SD card on an Android phone using photo recovery tools.
Disk Drill, probably the most user-friendly and efficient photo recovery software program widely accessible, can be used to restore deleted pictures on Android from an SD card. Now, let’s look at the process of how to use this app to solve our task.
- Firstly, download Disk Drill and install it on your device.
- Then, you have to connect your SD card to your device and run a scan to see if there are any images that can be recovered.
In contrast, follow the given steps if you don’t have an SD card reader:
- Using a USB cable, make a link with your Android device and Mac book.
- Then, you have to enable USB debugging when prompted to give Disk Drill access to your computer.
- After that, click on Recover next and select the photos you want to recover.
- Finally, click Recover again to finish the process.
Recover Deleted Photos using an Android App:
Data recovery apps for Android don’t restore deleted pictures. The same goes for Disk Drill and other photo recovery apps. But there are some apps, they’re useful for simpler photo recovery situations. For that, you have to root your Android device, just like when restoring images on a computer. In contrast, some Android photo recovery apps work even without a root. We can name Diskdigger.
Follow the mentioned steps to recover lost photos on Android device using Diskdigger:
- In the beginning, you have to go to Google Play station and install DiskDigger.
- Then select the two supported scan methods to launch the DiskDigger application.
- Now, wait a few seconds to allow DiskDigger to identify your deleted photos.
- After that, select the pictures to recover.
- At last, you have to click the recover button to finish the process.
Avoid Losing Your Photos on Android Next Time:
The fact that there are several methods for recovering deleted pictures on Android does not imply that they will be recovered successfully. That’s why we propose some precautions to stop losing your photos in the first place.
Backup Your Device:
The importance of backups can never be underestimated. To get a full backup of our phone’s Android device, you can easily recover not only deleted and lost photos and videos but also all kinds of files, applications, and even settings. If you ever lose your device, you can easily get it back and restore it from a backup, which has everything set up from scratch.
Delete Cached Images in Android Gallery
First, you click on a thumbnail of an Android gallery. But nothing happens, isn’t it? – The photo doesn’t open as usual. Do you know why? This problem often occurs in our daily life when the Android operating system is not able to create thumbnails properly. But don’t worry, the only way to fix this is through the DCIM folder. Delete the thumbnail file. This means you can either delete it directly using a file browser or use it as a disk space cleaner.
Storage Space cleanup:
Some of the Android devices we use behave like less or less storage capacity in their storage space. If the pictures on your phone suddenly start to disappear, first check how much free storage space you have on your phone. However, if you know that your phone has only a few megabytes of space left, then your device will probably need a cleanup.
Q1: How can I recover deleted videos from my Android?
Answer: You can use Disk Drill to recover your deleted videos from your Android device very easily. You don’t even need a backup. Follow the steps below:
- First, you have to download and install Disk Drill for your Mac.
- Using a USB cable, make a link with your Android device and Mac book.
- Now click on the Recovery button to scan using the Disk Drill application.
- Select the deleted videos and tap on the Recover button.
Q2: Where are deleted photos stored on Android?
Answer: On Android, deleted images are not saved in any specific folder. In order to find out where they went, follow the steps:
- At the very beginning, open the search engine.
- Enter the exact model of your device, as well as the recycling bin in the search window.
- Then go through the results and try finding out the relevant information.
If there is nothing useful for you, then your Android device must delete the photos permanently.
Hopefully, you were able to retrieve all deleted pictures from your Android device using Disk Drill or another photo recovery process using the guidelines provided in this post. We recommend that you either bookmark it for future reference or give it to friends to guide them in recovering deleted pictures. If you have any further queries, you can let us know in the comment box down below.