Capturing the screen photo of your phone is not easy as you up or down the volume. But, sometimes it becomes so indispensable to take a screenshot when you don’t know how to screen capture on an Android.
For example, you reach up a new level of a game or want to capture an important scene of a movie. So, you want to capture and share them with friends as proof. Only taking a screenshot or recording the screen will help you to do that. The heck is- you don’t know how to screen capture on an Android.
Don’t worry! In this guide, we will walk you through some effective ways to capture the screen or record the screen on Android. And the best part is- no matter what version of Android you are using (11, 10, or earlier), you can take screenshots following the methods we described below.
So, start scrolling down and try to nail those methods.
How to Take A Screenshot on Android
From this section, you can learn how to capture the screen on your Android device.
Button-Press Method (Most Common)
No matter what Android phone you are using, you can take a screenshot using this method.
In this case, first, locate the volume key and the power key.
Generally, you can find the volume key on the left and the power key on the right. However, it may be different based on the model.
Most of the recent Android phones locate the Volume and Power key at the same side (especially on the right side).
Now, hold down the volume and power key at once to take a screenshot. By flashing, your phone will indicate you capture the screen.
Take a Screenshot on Android 11
If you are using Android 11, follow the below steps to take a screenshot.
- Hold and press the power key and the volume key to capture your screen.
- Alternatively, you can try out the Multitasking pane to unveil the screenshot button. Then, click on the button to take a screenshot.
Where I Find the Captured Screenshot on Android 11
For finding the screenshots you take, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Photos app.
- Click on the Library (You can find this on the left side of your screen).
- Head over to Device folders > Screenshots
Take a Screenshot on Android 10
Taking screenshots on Android 10 is simple. Just follow the below steps to capture your screen photo.
- Press and hold down your power key and it will show you up these options including, Power Off, Restart, and Screenshot. Click on the Screenshot option to take a screenshot.
- Hold down the volume-down button and the power key at the same time to capture the screen picture.
Where I Find the Captured Screenshot on Android 10
Don’t know where the captured screenshot will go? Then, navigate through the below steps to find all the screenshots you have taken since now.
- Open Google Photos
- Head over to Device Folder > Screenshots.
Note: You can find the Device folder by clicking on the three parallel lines.
- Press the power and volume key at once to capture the screen photo (Every Android Phone)
- Hold down the power button for a second and click on the Screenshot option (Android 10)
Now, questions for you. Which version of the Android phone you have and what method you are going to try to take a screenshot?
Let us know by leaving a comment below. Alternatively, you can check out the FAQs section to learn more about this term.
How do you record your Android screen?
If you are using Android 10, you can find a built-in sound recorder tool by pulling down the navigation bar. Click on the sound recorder option and allow your device to record the screen. When you are done, tap on the Stop option to save the video.
How do you take screenshots on a Samsung phone?
Simple. Just press down the volume key and the power key at once to take screenshots on your Samsung phone.
Is there any screenshot app for Android?
Yes, Screen Master is the best app for Android to take screenshots.