These days, we are getting notifications for everything. It doesn’t matter if this is a text message or an email regarding your friend’s latest post on social media. The end number of notifications flooding your inbox and it’s definitely annoying. It seems notifications never stop. There is no doubt you want to get rid of these distracting notifications on your Windows 10.
Fortunately, there are ways you can turn off mail notifications in Windows 10. Although the process is not apparent, we will try to discuss it in a simple manner. In this Windows 10 tutorial article, we’ll help you with how to stop mail notification on windows 10. Keep reading.
Three ways to stop mail notifications on Windows 10:
There are three different ways to turn off mail notifications on Windows 10. They are very simple methods, yet tricky. That’s why we suggest you apply the methods as you read.
Disable Mail notifications using Action Center:
To turn off mail notification in Windows 10, go through the given steps we discussed below.
Step 1: Firstly, you have to open up the Mail app. To do that click on the search box next to Windows Start Menu.
Step 2: Then type Mail and press Enter when the app appears.
Step 3: In the app window, at the lower-left corner, you have to click on Settings.
Step 4: After that, pick Notifications.
Step 5: Precisely, you have two options that will disable mail notification:
Option 1: From the drop-down menu choose the account (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc.) you wish to disable the notifications. Click and check the box named Show a notification banner.
Option 2: Next, toggle ON the slider next to Show notifications in the Action Center.
Step 6: Once you have applied these two options, now go to the System.
Step 7: From the left-hand panel select Notifications and actions.
Step 8: Following on scroll down to the bottom to Get notifications from these senders.
Step 9: Lastly, toggle Off the option next to the Mail and Calendar. With that, your mail notification will be turned off. If you want to enable the notifications again then repeat the process reversely. 0
The Mail Background App turning off:
You can also turn off the Mail app which generally runs in the background. The below-mentioned process will help you to stop the app instantly.
- By using the Settings app, you can disable the background running the Mail app. At first, go to the search box using the shortcut key Windows Key + S on your keyboard.
- Then type ‘background app‘ in the box and press Enter.
- Now, click to toggle ON Background apps as shown in the picture.
- Finally, toggle off the option next to Mail and Calendar app settings.
If you don’t need the Mail app and it feels annoying to get the notifications, then you can consider uninstalling the Mail app. This way you can get rid of unnecessary notifications on your Windows 10. To do that follow the discussed process.
Step 1: Go to the search box at the bottom left corner of your Windows and click to type the keyword ‘apps’ in the box.
Step 2: You’ll see Apps & features option appears, click on it. You’ll get the following window.
Step 3: Now, pick Mail and Calendar app and click on the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Sometimes depending on the version and build number of Windows 10 you might need to remove the Mail and Calendar app with PowerShell.
Step 4: For that, type PowerShell in the search box and press Enter on your keyboard.
Step 5: In the next step, right-click on PowerShell and pick the Run as administrator option.
Step 6: After that, input ‘Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps | Remove-AppxPackage’ in the PowerShell prompt window.
Step 7: Lastly, press Enter to complete the process.
This is how you can easily disable Mail from your Windows 10.
Q1: How do I stop email pop ups?
Answer: Well, let us show you the right ways to stop the pop ups email notifications. Follow the given instructions:
- In order to disable pop ups email notifications, first go to the username at the top right corner of your screen and select ‘My profile’
- Then, you’ll get a section named ‘Preferences’ in the ‘My Profile’ window.
- Now, to stop getting email notifications, click on the box remove the checkmark titled as ‘Display in-app incoming email notification’
- Finally, to save the action click on Updates. That’s it!
Q2: How do I manage notifications in Android?
Answer: You can use the Settings app to manage notifications. Follow the steps below:
- Firstly, go to your phone’s Settings app and select Apps and Notifications.
- Then click on Notifications.
- Under the option ‘Recently Sent’ pick any app and tap for the type of notification.
- You’ll have three options, choose according to your preferences:
- You can choose Alerting or Silent.
- When your phone is unlocked you can turn on the pop on screen by clicking on the banner for the alerting notifications
- If you wish to select ‘Silent’, then you can turn on or off the Minimize option.
Q3: How do I manage Google notifications on Android?
Answer: You can allow or block Google notifications from all sites:
- At the beginning, open up Google Chrome app on your tablet or Android phone.
- Now next to the address bar tap More, then Settings.
- Then press Site Settings and followed by Notifications.
- Lastly, turn the settings On or Off at the top.
It was really enjoyable describing the process with you all. To wipe out mail notifications from your Windows 10 and experience soothing usage you can take this little hardship. Hopefully, you master the methods and get your job done. If you have any questions regarding this particular topic or other you can comment down below. Which topic you like us to cover for your convenience, you can also let us know.
Checkout the following article also, How to Stop Getting Emails from YouTube on Android.