It’s acknowledged by everyone that Android and Mac devices run on different OS. For this reason, it’s not possible to share any file between them directly. But, it’s not impossible to transfer your desired files if you use some tools. Today, this article will elaborate on how to transfer photos from Android to Mac.
There are a lot of ways to perform the transferring process successfully. Among them, here you learn about the top four methods in detail. Even if you’re a newbie, you can transfer the photos easily by following some easy steps.
Along with describing the USB method, we’ve mentioned the wireless method explicitly. By using the Android File Transfer, you can transfer photos from your Samsung device easily. To find your suitable process, go through the main discussion and finalize one.
How To Transfer Photos From Android To Mac?
There are multiple ways to transfer photos from an Android to Mac. Here are some of the easiest ways how to transfer photos from an Android to Mac.
Use MacDroid tool
MacDroid is the most effective tool to transfer files from Android to Mac. It’s easy to use as well as has great positive reviews. Let’s see how it works.
Step:1- Connect the USB cable
Connect your MTP device to Mac first. It’s just all about connecting the USB port with your Android and Mac device.
Step:2- Turn on the MTP mode
Now, turn on the MTP mode on the corresponding device. After that, you’ll see the File Transfer option on the device’s screen. Tap on that option to start the transferring process.
Step:3- Select the right device
It’s time to select your Android device from the left side of the screen. If it’s selected successfully, you’ll see the status Mounted on the screen. Also, there will be a message telling you about the MTP connection.
Step:4- Start the transferring process
The last step is to select the picture files and drag them to the desired folder. You can also copy the photos and paste them to the desired folder on Mac. The transfer will be held within a few minutes.
Go for the Image Capture method
The Image Capture method requires using a program called “Image Capture” to transfer files. Let’s see how the transferring process happens.
Step:1- Connect the USB cable
Like other USB methods, connect the two parts of USB with your Android and Mac.
Step:2- Running the program
Now, you need to run the Image Capture program. To find it easily, visit the /Application/Folder. Open the program and it’ll appear with your device name.
Step:3- Select your device
You need to select your desired Android phone at this moment. Notice the Devices segment on the left bar of Image Capture. From there, you can find your desired Android device.
Step:4- Determining the destination
It’s time to select a destination on Mac to transfer the photos. You may create a new folder on your Mac to transfer all the photos there together. Select your necessary photos after creating the new folder on your Mac.
Step:5- Importing the photos
The last move is tapping on the Import All option. In this way, you can transfer all the selected pictures together. After ending these steps, detach the USB cable and you’re done.
Transfer photos using MicroSD
If your photos are stored in a MicroSD device, you can transfer them using a card reader. Here you know about the detailed steps.
Step:1- Remove the MicroSD card
Open the MicroSD slot’s cover first. If it’s located on the rear side of your device, you need to open the cover. Press or pull to bring the MicroSD card out.
Step:2- Use a card reader
It’s time to put the MicroSD card inside a card reader. This is also known as a MicroSD to USB adapter or SDXC adapter. You need to connect it now using a USB port with your Mac device.
Step:3- Launch Mac Finder
It’s time to launch Mac Finder on your Mac. This program will help to transfer photos without any interruption.
Step:4- Start to transfer photos
After launching Mac Finder, select your necessary photos. Simply, transfer it to your Mac device from Android. Don’t forget to detach the MicroSD card after finishing the whole process. You can put it back on your Android now.
Bluetooth file sharing
Do you want to transfer photos from Android to Mac wirelessly? This process is faster than the USB options. Go through this section for performing the file transferring process quickly.
Step:1- Activate Bluetooth on
You need to turn on the Bluetooth on both Android and Mac devices. To open Bluetooth on Mac, follow these steps.
- Visit system preferences first. You can use the search bar to find it quickly.
- After that, select the Bluetooth option. You’ll find it there by scrolling down a few options.
- Then, turn on Bluetooth on your Mac by tapping on the option.
Now, follow these steps to activate Bluetooth on your corresponding Android device.
- Go to Settings on your Android first. Most Android users have an idea about the settings shortcut. If you haven’t discovered it yet, use the search bar or keep scrolling the apps.
- From the settings, locate Bluetooth now. Pair your Android with the Mac device now. When the connection is established successfully, you’ll be notified.
Step:2- Enable Bluetooth sharing
To share files on your Mac, you should enable Bluetooth sharing. You can find it on the system preferences option. Visit system preferences and then, select the sharing option.
Step:3- Sharing photos to your Mac
Select all the photos from your Android device now. By using the select all option, you can select all the files at a time. If you want to minus any photo, simply tap on it to deselect. Then, select the share option and you’ll see various sharing options on the Android display. From all the options, tap on the Bluetooth option to start the sharing process. The selected photos will be shared after a certain time without the help of a USB cable.
How can I transfer photos from Samsung to Mac?
Transferring photos from your Samsung Android device to Mac is pretty simple. Just follow the steps depicted below to make the transferring process successful.
- First, you need to install Android File Transfer on your Mac device. You can easily download it from the given link below.
- Now, attach one side of the USB cable with your Samsung device. The other part of the USB cable should be connected to the Mac.
- After connecting the USB, swipe down from the top of the screen. You’ll find a connection status after a while.
- Select the option Connected as a media device. Simply, tap on the option to start the sharing process.
- An option with a Camera(PTP) will appear on the recent screen. Tap on that screen and then, take your Mac towards you.
- Open Android File Transfer on your Mac device. You must have downloaded it before starting this process. If you have difficulty finding it, use the search bar of your Mac.
- It’s time to open the DCIM At the same time, you’ll see the Camera folder option. Click on that option to select your desired photos. If you want to transfer videos, this option will help you too. All the photos and videos will appear on your Mac screen.
- The residual process is about selecting and transferring the photos. Select your desired photos or videos and drag them to the Mac folder. If you want to store them in a separate folder, create a new one. Then, drag the files and put the photos inside them.
- That’s it. All of your selected files will be transferred from your Samsung Android to Mac. After finishing the process, detach the USB cable from your Android device and Mac.
You may also be interested to know: