In this modern era, it’s a necessary skill to type smoothly with keyboards, as earlier it was handwriting. While writing on your Android smartphone or tab, you may face the trouble of auto-capitalization. So How to turn off auto-capitalization on android?
The system may not always smoothly recognise where capital letters should and should not be put. Thus, automatic replacement with capital letters creates lots of trouble while writing in technical terms..
So to type smoothly, you must know how to turn it off. If you are using a manual keyboard or Gboard, it’s easy. Let us show you how to turn off auto-capitalization on android.
How To Turn Off Auto-Capitalization On Android- Several Ways
How to turn off capital letters on the manual keyboard?
Almost all Android phones come up with a manual built-in keyboard. Here you will know how you can turn off capital letters on the manual keyboard. Besides, you can follow these steps on every Android phone. Let’s get started.
- The first thing you have to do is go to the ‘Settings’. Select ‘Language and input’.
- After that, you have to choose the ‘Text Correction’ tab. Scroll down, and you will find a correction option.
- Moreover, turn the slider off auto-capitalization.
- You can type without auto-capitalization.
- If you want to turn off capital letters quickly, then you can open a note tab. On your keyboard, you can find an upper arrow sign.
- With a click on the sign, you can turn off the capitalization.
How to turn off auto-capitalization on Gboard?
Do you know what Gboard is? It is a google operated keyboard for Android. You can use it instead of using the manual one.
Some Android phones come up with built-in Gboard. If your Android phone doesn’t have Gboard, then you can download it from the Google play store.
- First of all, open the ‘Settings option. From the ‘Language and input’ tab, you have to choose ‘Gboard’.
- Furthermore, you have to turn off the ‘Auto capitalization’ option. Now you can write in lower case on your Android phone.
How to turn off capital letters on your Samsung phone?
Samsung has their own Samsung Keyboard. In case you are a user of that, follow the following steps :
- For writing in lowercase, you have to go to the ‘Settings’ of your keyboard. And choose the ‘text correction’ tab.
- You can turn off ‘Auto Capitalization’. After changing the settings, you can make your keyboard start lowercase on your Samsung phone.
By now, you have realized how to turn off auto-capitalization on android. We hope you can turn off the auto-capitalization if you follow the steps.
Apart from that, you can follow these to turn off auto-capitalization on Samsung and other Android models. That’s it.
You may also be interested to know:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How to turn on auto-capitalization on Android?
If you want to turn on the auto-capitalization, you have to open the ‘Settings’. In addition to that, you need to go to ‘Language and input’. Finally, you can turn on the auto-capitalization.
2. How to turn off auto-capitalization on an iPhone?
First of all, you have to go into the ‘iPhone settings’ Moreover, you have to scroll down to choose ‘General’. Then you will locate the ‘Keyboard’ option. Swipe the auto-capitalization switch for turning it off.