Regardless of the fact that a network adapter is a vital component of your computer, it establishes a link between your computer and your local network, and even to the internet. But there are times you’ll need to disable it at some point. For example, if you are traveling somewhere with your laptop, you may prefer not to use the internet. Perhaps you are working outside of your home where you don’t have Wi-Fi connection or you are not using a Wi-Fi network right now, it is better to turn it off and save battery life. Whatever it is, you have your reason.
In this article of windows 10 guide, we’ll walk you through the steps on how to turn off internet windows 10 WiFi. Here’s how you can do it.
You can turn off internet windows 10 -Wi-Fi by implying six different methods. They are mentioned below:
Turning ON/OFF Wi-Fi using the keyboard:
You can turn on or off your Wi-Fi in a quite simple manner using the keyboard only. You can use the Wi-Fi key on your keyboard to do this task. These days many laptops include Wi-Fi keys on the keyboard to make it easier for users.
All you need to press the in-built Wi-Fi key on your keyboard in order to Turn ON/OFF the Wi-Fi.
Turning ON/OFF Wi-Fi From the Taskbar:
Taskbar is one of the handiest tools on your Windows you can ever find. You can even use the taskbar for turning ON/Off your Wi-Fi also. For that follow the given process.
- First, from the taskbar click on the Wi-Fi icon placed on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now in the next window you have to select the Wi-Fi action button to Turn ON/OFF Wi-Fi.
- Then click on the Network name which you want to connect with.
- The Wi-Fi Action button acts as a toggle, enables you to turn Wi-Fi on and off with a single click.
Turning ON/OFF Wi-Fi Using Notifications Icon:
Using the notification icon is another option that you can try to turn ON/Off Wi-Fi in your Windows 10. Therefore, follow the steps below.
- First of all, you have to tap on the Notification icon positioned in the Taskbar from the bottom right-hand side of the screen.
- Then select Network.
- After that, tap on the Wi-Fi action button to turn on or off Wi-Fi on Windows 10.
- Lastly, select the network name you want to connect with.
Turning ON/OFF Wi-Fi Using Settings:
Another useful method is to use the settings menu. Follow the steps described to turn ON/OFF your Wi-Fi in windows 10 via Settings menu.
Step 1: Navigate to the Windows start button and click on Settings icon.
Step 2: Then on the Settings window select Network and Internet.
Step 3: Next, click on Wi-Fi and toggle the slider to turn Wi-Fi ON/OFF.
Turning ON/OFF Wi-Fi IF There is No Wi-Fi Icon in Windows 10:
If you don’t find the Wi-Fi icon in your Windows 10, then it may be disabled as an Ethernet cable plugged into the computer. Another likely reason would be the Wi-Fi Adapter has been turned off on your device. Having said that, follow the given steps:
- First go to the Windows Start menu and select Settings icon.
- Then on the Settings window select Network and Internet.
- Next, click on the Wi-Fi option and scroll down to Change adapter options.
- At last you have to right click on Wireless Network Connection and choose Enable to finish.
Turning ON/OFF Wi-Fi Using Airplane Mode:
We have discussed so many methods already. Now you can even use Airplane Mode if you want to. For that:
- First open up the Settings and click on Network & Internet icon.
- Then click on Airplane mode from the left side.
- Now, you can turn ON/OFF Wi-Fi from the right side.
How do I temporarily disable my WiFi?
Answer: To temporarily disable Wi-Fi on your computer you can follow the steps below:
- Using the Settings option go to Wi-Fi Network section
- Then from the list on the left side select the WLAN box that you want to disable.
- Now click on Disable and select OK to confirm
- Lastly, if you want to re-enable then click the enable button again.
Does Ethernet affect WiFi?
Answer: The answer is NO, ethernet doesn’t have any effect on Wi-Fi. It doesn’t slow down the Wi-Fi. Sometimes there is a non-strenuous situation that includes using more than 5 devices at the same time and downloading to streaming HD quality videos. In short ethernet doesn’t have anything to do with Wi-Fi speed.
How come my wifi is so slow?
Answer: There are several reasons why your Internet connection appears to be slow. There may be a problem with your router or modem, WI-Fi signal, broadband signal strength, bandwidth saturating appliances on your network, a slow DNS server and many more.
Despite the fact that Windows 10‘s modern interface lacks a comprehensive collection of network settings, there are numerous ways to turn ON/OFF Wi-Fi as required. Hopefully, by now you will be able to turn off Wi-Fi internet on your Windows 10. Now it’s your turn. If you’re facing any issues turning off your WiFi, then comment down below. We’ll get back to you.