Do you know how to turn off keyboard vibration on android? It can make you feel irritated when your android makes vibrating noise while typing. This noise can be because you have enabled the option to vibrate when typing. It is really annoying, especially when you want silence but your phone makes noise.
Vibrate when typing is one of the popular features on Android. So, this feature may be helpful for others but probably not for you. In this case, it’s better to know how to disable this feature on your android.
So, to turn off haptic feedback android while typing read through our article carefully.
Why Does My Phone Vibrate When I type?
VIbrate when typing is called Haptic feedback technology. It’s a popular feature on Android devices and not an issue. Many users find this helpful feature because it feels like a physical sensation when touching on-screen or typing on the keyboard.
You may not find this useful for you because of its irritating vibrating noise. Android OS permits you to enable/disable it from the settings manually. It’s not compulsory to use, and you can turn it off and again turn it on whenever you want.
How to turn off keyboard vibration on Android?
Vibration when typing is not an issue; this is a feature on Android devices. You can turn it on/off whenever you want. There are several issues confirmed by users when they enabled this feature. One of the significant issues is that it drains more battery when enabled.
So, if you face issues with this feature on your phone, you can easily disable it from the settings. Follow the instructions below to turn off keyboard vibration on Android-
- Tap on the “Settings” from the App drawer
- Scroll down and find “Sounds & Vibration,” then tap on it.
- Tap on “Other sounds.”
- Toggle the “Vibrate on touch” to turn off vibrate on touch.
How to turn off vibrate on Android Keyboard?
You can also disable vibration only from your Android keyboard. To do this, follow the instructions below:-
- Open the “Settings” from the App drawer
- Scroll and find the “Language & Keyboard” or “Language & input” option.
- Select “Google keyboard” from the keyboard list and open “Keyboard settings.”
- Now toggle on “Vibrate on Keypress” to disable it.
How to turn off Haptic feedback on a Google Pixel?
If you are a Google Pixel user, follow the instructions below to turn off Haptic feedback on your Google Pixel:
- Swipe down two times and expand Quick Settings
- Tap on the Settings icon
- Scroll down and tap on “Sound & Vibration.”
- Find “Vibration & haptics” and tap on it.
- Now, toggle the “Use Vibration & haptics ” to turn it off
How to turn off Haptic Feedback on a Samsung Galaxy?
You can turn off haptic feedback on a Samsung Galaxy Phone by following the instructions below:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap on the Gear Icon.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Sounds & Vibration.”
- Find “System sound/vibration control.”
- Scroll down and to the vibration section.
- Now toggle to turn On/Off vibrations for individual options
How to change Vibration settings from Accessibility Menu?
From the Android Accessibility settings, you can easily change settings for vibration on your Android. To change Vibration Settings vis Accessibility Menu, follow the instructions below-
- Go to “Settings”
- Scroll and find “Accessibility,” then tap on it.
- Find “Vibration and Haptic Strength.”
- Toggle to turn Vibration On/Off.
How to disable Keypad Vibration in HTC Incredible?
There are lots of special features on the HTC Droid. Haptic Feedback is one of them. Haptic feedback is enabled by default on HTC Droid. If you want to disable it, follow the instructions below-
- Lock your HTC Droid and unlock it.
- Navigate to Menu, then go to settings.
- Find “Language and Keyboard” and tap on it.
- Tap on “Touch Input.”
- Go to “Text input.”
- Toggle vibrates when typing.
How to turn off the Vibrate keyboard on Motorola Droid?
Like other Android phones, Motorola Droid also has Haptic feedback technology. It is enabled by default, and to disable it, follow the steps below-
- Go to “Settings.”
- Find “Sounds & Display” and tap on it.
- Now tap on “Phone Vibrate.”
- To disable the notification vibrations, select the option “Never.”
- Again return to the settings, tap on the “Language and Keyboard.”
- Tap on “Touch Input,” now toggle “Vibrate when typing.”
So, this is all about how to turn off vibrate when typing on Android. If you are irritated because of your Android phone’s Haptic feedback feature, then on your Android phone, just follow the instructions above to avoid keyboard vibration.
1. How do I turn off the back button vibration on a Samsung Galaxy?
Follow the instruction below-
- Go to “Settings.”
- Find “Sounds and Vibration.”
- Tap on “System sound or Vibration control.”
- Touch on Vibration.
2. How do I turn off keyboard vibration on Google Keyboard?
Follow the steps below to turn off keyboard vibration on Google Keyboard-
- Go to “Settings.”
- Navigate to System>System>Language and Input
- Now tap on Virtual Keyboard
- Tap on Gboard and then go to Preferences
Now toggle the Haptic feedback on keypress
You may also be interested to know: