How to turn off parental controls without a password on Android? As we live in a digitalized world, nowadays, kids are getting access to smartphones and other Android devices at an early age. Parents are concerned, and it’s normal, right?
There are many debates about the extent of parental control. Some experts say excessive control can kill creativity and choke curiosity. Also, it can weaken trust. Instead of locking the software access, you should talk to the kids to guide them,
However debate there may be, no one declines its necessity. Whether you are willing to turn it off as a parent or you have forgotten the password, our guide on how to turn off parental controls without a password on Android will help you achieve the target.
How does parental control work?
Parental control locks up any content on the net that is deemed to be for or related to adults. It will lock all the apps or games that the ‘parent’ doesn’t give permission for.
The minor user will find these apps displayed on the Google Play Store, it will show the apps on the recommendation list, but he won’t get access or download it.
In short, with parental control, the parent can see and control his or her kid’s online activities.
How to turn on parental control on Android?
For turning on the parental control on Android, you have to follow these steps.
You have to go to the Google Play Store.
- Open the ‘Menu’ option. Hereafter, choose ‘settings family.’
- You have to click on the ‘Parental Control’ to turn it on.
- If you want to protect it more, you need to include a PIN and password. It will secure it from the kids.
How to turn off parental controls without a password on Android?
If you forgot the password of the parental control, then you can’t turn it off with the Google Play Store. You have to follow different methods.
- First of all, go to the ‘Settings’ on your Android device.
- Along with that, click on the ‘Apps’ tab.
- Choose ‘Google Play Store from the app list.
- Open the ‘Storage’ and click on ‘Clear Data. It will erase all the previous settings of the Google Play Store.
There is another way to turn off parental control with the Family link. Now you will know the procedure of turning it off.
- The first thing you have to do is to open your device.
- Go to the ‘Family link’ app.
- Click on the account you don’t want to supervise anymore.
- After that, press the ‘Manage Settings Account’ info.
- Choose ‘STOP supervision’ and accept the confirmation. Finally, the account will be out of your supervision.
After all, you can understand how to turn off parental controls without a password on Android. If you follow the instructions properly, you can definitely turn off the parental controls.
Also, if you want to turn it on again, you can follow the process of turning it on. It is a safety feature that every parent should know. But if you want to remove it, you can do it without hesitation. It’s up to you. That’s it for now.
You may also be interested to know:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do you turn off parental controls on Google?
You have to open ‘Google’ and go to ‘Menu .’Select ‘Apps and More’ and ‘Settings’. At this point, you need to click on ‘Parental Controls.’ Yet, choose ‘Disable .’Finally, your google is not associated with any supervision.
2. Is it necessary to turn on parental control?
It is not necessary. But if you want to monitor your child’s activities, you can take it up with the parental control settings.
3. Can you remove the parental controls?
Yes. To remove the parental control, you can follow the steps we mentioned earlier to turn off the parental control if you don’t have the password.
You have to go to Google Play Store with the password and click on ‘Menu. Open the ‘Settings Family .’You will find the parental control option. Click it to turn it off. Finally, enter your password to confirm it.