Sometimes people use fake locations on Android for various purposes. There are some mock location apps available on the App store. Also, you can turn it on manually from the ‘settings’. So, let’s get started to find out how to turn on off mock locations on Android?
But once you turn it on, you will not be able to use Google Maps to get directions or order something online using your phone location. So you must know how to turn off mock locations on Android as well.
Why do you need to turn on mock locations on Android?
Suppose, you want to maintain your privacy and security from online traffic monitors or bypass an IP block. The best way for you is to enable mock location on your phone.
Primarily it is popular for gaming and dating apps via VPNs. Either you can set a specific mock location to get access to the apps or sites available there. Or, if you want to hide your present location, you can change it to a random location setting.
How To Turn On Off Mock Locations On Android?- Different Methods
How to turn on mock locations programmatically
- You have to go to the ‘Settings’ for turning on a mock location.
- After that, open the ‘About Phone’.
- To find the Developer options, you can open the ‘Settings’ and choose ‘System’.
- You need to click on the ‘Build Number’ 3 times.
- It will activate the ‘Developer Options. Press on the ‘Debugging’ tab near the ‘Developer Options.
- Thus, click on ‘allow mock locations. Finally, you can set a fake location on your phone.
How to turn off mock locations programmatically?
- If you want to turn off the mock locations, you need to open the settings.
- Tap on ‘About Phone’. However, you have to press on the Built Version 6 to 7 times.
- Then, you will see the notification of activating the developers option. Go to the developer’s option.
- Yet, you have to click on the ‘allow mock locations’ to turn it off.
How to turn on mock locations with the app?
- Though the mock location apps are not reliable. But you can try it once to test.
- First of all, go to the ‘Google Play Store‘. Search for the ‘Mock Location’ app.
- Nevertheless, you have to choose the app on the top. You can choose other apps.
- In that case, don’t forget to check the reviews. Install the ‘Mock Location’ app and open it.
- These apps help to replace the real map locations with fake ones. After opening the app, you can see a wide map.
- For enabling mock location, you have to long-press the map search bar to decide the start and endpoints.
- Furthermore, it will show the device settings option. You have to follow the same process we have mentioned for manual settings.
- Finally, you can tap on the ‘Go’ button. It will enable the mock location through the app.
How to turn off the mock location with an app?
- In that case, you have to delete the location on the app.
- And go to the device settings and follow the directions of turning off the ‘allow mock location’ option.
- Then you can uninstall the mock location app.
After all these, you know how to turn on/off mock locations on Android. If you follow the steps, you can mock your location. Also, you can turn it off.
Remember one thing, it can’t be a trustworthy or secure option. You can use the mock location system for games.
But otherwise, it isn’t necessary. You can also enable mock location on Android 12 with these steps. Mock location is one of the popular terms after VPN. Thus, you can try it once. That’s it.
You may also be interested to know:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How to enable mock location on Samsung s21?
You can follow the same procedure we have explained to enable mock location on your Samsung S21 Android phone.
2. How do you turn on a mock location on an iPhone?
The easiest option to turn on a mock location on an iPhone is downloading the ‘The anywhere’ app. Install the app and follow the settings.
3. Is it possible to detect mock locations?
Yes. It is possible to detect mock locations. Not with all Android operating systems.In that case, you have to use the HyperTrack server system on Android 17 and 18.