When you are buying your first Windows PC the feature most likely to draw your attention is to connect Bluetooth. You are excited but you are struggling with how to activate this feature and how to turn on the Bluetooth on windows 10.
If your device doesn’t have Bluetooth, you can easily get it using a Bluetooth adapter. This is an inexpensive way to enjoy this feature.
Having said that, in this article we’ll show you a different method on how to turn on the Bluetooth on windows 10 so that you can enjoy external devices like a mouse, keyboard, headphone, earbuds, and so on. It’ll be a step-by-step guide that you can follow effortlessly. So let’s unleash the process.
Using Windows Settings:
Before you use a Bluetooth device on your Windows 10 you have to customize the Bluetooth settings. In order to do this follow the described steps:
Step 1: First, go to the Settings app by clicking on the Windows icon and select Settings.
Step 2: Then you have to click on Devices.
Step 3: In the next window click on Bluetooth & Other Devices to access the Bluetooth option.
In case, you don’t find the Bluetooth toggle option on the Bluetooth & Other Device settings window then your device doesn’t have a Bluetooth feature.
Step 4: Now, from the Related Settings section select More Bluetooth options. For a better view of the right menu, you can expand the window.
Using Action Center:
This method is also pretty handy as the feature action center in Windows 10
permits you to get quick access to Settings and actionable notifications app.
This useful icon is placed on the lower right-hand side of the window. Now follow the given process:
- Beginning of the process click on the Action Center icon. As soon as you click on it you’ll get the quick settings and app notification icons.
- Now from the multiple options click on All Settings.
- Then click on Device and select from the left side Bluetooth and other devices.
Now, if other devices around you have turned on Bluetooth or have already paired then you’ll see the list on your screen. After that, you can select any device you like to pair with and get connected.
Otherwise, you can simply click the toggle button in order to ON or OFF the Bluetooth from the Action center. If you get to see the button turn blue symbolizing that you successfully turned it on, for turned off you’ll see it grayed out, and if you find the label “Not connected” then your Bluetooth is not connected.
Using Swift Pair:
This is an amazing feature in Windows 10 that allows users to pair compatible Bluetooth devices with their computers by cutting down on the number of steps required. If your device facilitates Swift Pair, then whenever a device comes nearby within the range you’ll get a notification.
In order to use Swift Pair follow the given process.
- First, you have to turn on your device and let it be discovered by the devices around.
- Then go to Settings and choose Devices.
- Under the section, you’ll get Bluetooth & Other devices, select it, and tap on the Show notifications to connect using the Swift Pair box.
- If you are using this feature for the first time then click on Yes to get all the notifications.
- Once you get the notification “New Bluetooth device was found” you have to click Connect and then Close.
Using these three simple methods you can easily turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10.
Why can’t I turn on my Bluetooth on Windows 10?
Answer: First check if your device is Bluetooth capable or not. Then to turn on Bluetooth check in the taskbar or you can select the action center also. If you don’t find Bluetooth then click on Expand to unveil Bluetooth. Next, click Bluetooth to turn it on. If you see “Not connected”, then no device is paired with your Windows 10 yet. Now follow any of the processes described in the following article and turn on your Bluetooth.
How do I reinstall Bluetooth drivers Windows 10?
Answer: In order to reinstall your Bluetooth driver follow the below-mentioned process:
- First, go to the Settings app and click on Update and Security.
- Then select Windows Update and click on Check for updates.
- The Bluetooth driver will be downloaded and installed automatically by Windows 10. You can also download the driver manually as well if you want to.
We believe you know by now how to turn on the Bluetooth on windows 10 and connect all Bluetooth devices with your PC. Using this feature you can send and receive pictures, videos, music, documents, and other files from a Bluetooth device to your computer, listen to podcasts and much more you can do easily. Now play with this function and let us know how it worked for you in the comment section below.