Almost every Android phone has a preinstalled app named BadgeProvider. If not named as BadgeProvider, it has the same app with a different name. The TouchWiz launcher includes the BadgeProvider app. If you don’t know, you may wonder once in a while, ‘what is BadgeProvider on my phone?’ In this article, we’ll discuss all BadgeProvider- What is BadgeProvider? What are its functions? What to do if you face any issues? Everything.
What Is BadgeProvider on Android?
BadgeProvider is an internal app on Android. It comes preinstalled with the phone to display notifications. It is a built-in system app that shows the pending notifications on different apps on your phone. On some mobile phones, it may be there with other names, but it is there.
BadgeProvider runs in the background to help track every new update on your device. If you receive any new messages, emails, calls, or notifications, it will show the badges.
Is This Application Safe for My Device?
BadgeProvider is a safe application for your phone. It makes maintaining notifications from the apps more accessible. It comes built-in with almost every Android. It is a handy app with great utility, but it has some disadvantages too.
- The app might show some difficulties sometimes. For example, it may indicate that the app has stopped working, unfortunately. But these problems are solvable.
- As it is a system app, it’s running in the background and thus consumes a lot of battery power.
- While doing important work, it might be irritating and show unwanted notifications.
Regardless of these disadvantages, the app is not harmful to your mobile in any way. All the problems are solvable.
What Are the Functions of BadgeProvider?
As we have mentioned before, BadgeProvider shows notifications on your phone. It shows the number of unread notifications on the apps on your phone. This way, it makes operating a phone easier for you. You may have noticed the numbers or tiny dots on your app icons. It means there is an unread notification on that app. BadgeProvider puts those signs on the icons to inform you about new messages.
The app also runs notification badges. Notification badge is a feature that shows unseen notifications of the app.
What To Do If BadgeProvider Consumes Too Much Battery?
As it is a system app constantly running in the background, BadgeProvider uses massive battery power. It does not completely drain the battery, but it uses the battery a lot. The problem is when it starts using the battery more than usual. In that case, you need to do something about it. You can always force stop the app and precise data. Later you need to restart the device for it to start working correctly again.
How To Disable Notifications from BadgeProvider?
One of the primary and most liked features of BadgeProvider is its notification badge. It makes keeping track of notifications a lot easier. BadgeProvider is an app with excellent qualities and can be very useful at times. But some people want to disable BadgeProvider on their phones. It may help them to save battery life and avoid disturbance.
So, we are discussing how you can turn off notifications on your phone from BadgeProvider.
- First, you have to go to settings and find the applications manager.
- Choose the button Show system apps to find BadgeProvider. If you can’t find it go to the more option and find the app.
- Scrolling down, find the BadgeProvider app and open its settings.
- In the next step, choose the Force Stop
- To finish off, go to the storage settings and tap the disable button.
- And finally, you have to restart your device, and you won’t receive any notification badge.
What To Do If Your Mobile Shows ‘Unfortunately BadgeProvider Has Stopped’?
The phone system sometimes keeps showing you the notification ‘Unfortunately BadgeProvider has stopped.’ When we are doing something important, notifications popping out from nowhere is frustrating. But it is not a severe issue and easy to resolve. To solve this problem, you have to follow the steps stated below:
We have to follow almost all the same steps as disabling the notification. In this case,
- We have to go to the Settings app and find the applications manager.
- Then find BadgeProvider from the list of applications and open its settings.
- Then you have to force stop the app and precise data.
- Now restart your phone, and this should solve your problem.
If the notification still keeps reappearing, you should follow the steps again. But this time, tap disable to deactivate BadgeProvider.
That should solve the problem. And if this doesn’t solve it, you can try a factory reset as the last strategy.
Why Do These Errors Occur?
Several apps are running in the background. It can cause your mobile lagging. Sometimes it goes far beyond that and causes genuine concern. For example, BadgeProvider is nothing more than another one of your device’s applications. So, these same things happen in this case too. But if you follow the steps in this article, solving them will be easier if any problems occur. Knowing more about them all will make it easier to deal with these issues.
What Permissions Does This App Have on My Phone?
After you are clear about What is BadgeProvider, you may be wondering what access it has to my phone? As it is tracking new notifications, it’s okay to worry about the privacy and security of your device. Permissions are the needed orders from you that an app might need to perform as It’s supposed to. To see which permissions an app has, you can check the application manager of that app. BadgeProvider does not need any permission to function on your phone.
How To Delete BadgeProvider?
As it is the system software, you cannot uninstall or delete it from the phone as you do with other apps. Usually, you can try to solve the problems you are facing or turn off notifications. But if you still want to delete or uninstall the app, here are two ways of doing that-
1. Using system app remover to uninstall BadgeProvider (Root Needed)
- Download the system app remover app from the Play Store.
- Install it.
- Launch system app remover on your phone.
- Search ‘BadgeProvider’ on the app and select it.
- Tap the uninstall option.
This way, you can uninstall BadgeProvider from your phone using the system app remover.
2. Using ADB (Android Debug Bridge) to uninstall BadgeProvider (Windows PC needed)
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Find the About phone option and tap on the build number 7 times.
- The Developer Options will be activated.
- Select USB debugging and enable it.
- Now you have to download
- Open the zip folder after extracting the file.
- Right-click while holding the shift button.
- Open PowerShell Window by selecting it.
- Type adb devices to run the command.
- Connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable.
- Set the USB mode to file transfer.
- Select okay when the USB debugging option pops up.
- Rerun the command adb devices.
- You will get the serial number of your device.
- Type the command adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com.sec. Android.provider.badge and the app will be uninstalled from your device after a few seconds.
If you’re not using a Samsung mobile, you’ll need to use the BadgeProvider package file name for your device manufacturer. This way, you can delete BadgeProvider from your phone using ADB.
You may Also interested to know : what is finder app on android how to make undetectable payload for android 2021 how to unmute all text messages on android
BadgeProvider is an excellent system app that makes our everyday life with Android easier. We’ve discussed almost everything you need to know about this in this article. We’ve discussed the problems that might occur with the app and tried to find the solutions. Most of the confusion you had about the BadgeProvider app may be clear after reading this article. If you want to know anything more, let us know.