When you go through your “Google My Activity” history, it might shock you that some apps which you have never used appear as the user activity. Do not panic, these are pre-installed system applications. And the used com.samsung.sdm.sdmviewer is one of those common apps. It mainly exists in the older generation of Samsung phones.
If you own a Samsung desk phone, this bloatware or app can be pretty useful to you. Otherwise, it is better to remove it. And it is quite a headache to do that on unrooted phones.
So, to make things easier for you, we will break down the installation as well as the uninstallation process, and list down how you can manage the package more effectively!
What is Used Com.Samsung.SDM.SDMViewer?
The com.samsung.sdm.sdmviewer is the package that comes with the free Samsung DeskPhone Manager app. It is a plus for business purposes. Have a look at some of its functions so that you can decide whether to keep it or remove it
- You can go through the call history of your desk phone from your smartphone with the app
- Easily identify the caller on the desk phone as this app displays caller identification.
So, if you wish to manage desk phone calls, you should keep it. It will save time at work.
How to Install the Samsung SDM Viewer?
The developers have removed the samsung sdm viewer from the new generations of Galaxy phones. So if you ever wish to manage your desk phone calls from your smartphone, you need to install the package. If you have Android version 4 or higher follow these methods to get the app
Method 1: From App Website
- Go to the official website of the SDM viewer
- Click on the Continue to App button, and it will take you to Google Play Store
- From the store press on the Install and once installed its icon will appear on your home screen
Method 2: APK File
Sometimes, the app can be unavailable, in that case, you need to install its APK file. So, follow these steps below
- From Settings, click on the Biometrics and Security, and then Install Unknown Apps
- Now select the browser such as Firefox or Chrome
- Turn on the Allow from this Source
- Now, open chrome and type Samsung Desk phone Manager APK
- Download APK from any trustworthy or APKMirror or APKPure site
- A warning popup will appear, click Ok, anyway
- Now, click on the Open File option from the popup or chrome download history
- After opening, press the Install button, in a while you will get the app on the home screen
How to Remove Com Samsung SDM?
Sometimes, even after removing a few apps, the phone’s internal storage does not seem to free up. It happens because bloatware like SDM viewer takes too much space. Before it affects the performance of your device, uninstall it with any of these methods
Method 1: System App Remover
You need to root your phone to run this app. If you are okay and done with rooting, all you need to do is
- Install and Launch the System App Remover
- Find the SDM app and tap on the check box next to it
- Now click on Uninstall to remove the app
Before rooting your phone, we recommend you back up your data. It will ensure you get back all your data after restoring your Android.
Method 2: ADB
It is a bit lengthy method. But you do not have to root your phone with it. To follow these steps you will need Windows PC and your phone
- From Settings, Press About Phone, and then Software Information
- Tap the Build Number until You are now a Developer message pops up
- Now, enable the USB Debugging from the Developer options
- On your PC install ADB and extract the Zip file
- Open the folder with the extracted file in it
- On the PC keyboard, hold the Shift key and right-click in a blank space, then select “Open Powershell window here” to launch the command prompt
- Enter the following command adb devices
- You have to connect your phone to the computer with a USB cable to permit debugging access on your phone
- Re-enter the “adb devices” on your PC command. And after executing it Powershell will display the Android serial number
- Finally, run the following command and it will remove the app
adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com.samsung.sdm.sdmviewer
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q’s):
Is the Com Samsung SDM a Malware?
No, the com samsung sdm package is not malware. Rather, Samsung itself has developed this app to manage desk phone calls from smartphones. So, it is safe to use and will not harm your privacy. But if you install its APK file from any site loaded with spyware, adware, or malware, it will affect your device. It is better to research the APK site before you install the package.
What Permission Does the Com.Samsung.SDM SDMViewer Have?
The sdm package needs to access some information on your device so that the app can function properly. It only has permission for Storage, Location, Phone, and Call Logs. It will not steal any confidential information. So, do not worry and allow it to access these features.
Does the SDMViewer Bloatware Slow Down Your Device?
Bloatware occupies the internal memory of your phone, and it runs in the background continuously. So it consumes battery and RAM. Even if you clean the RAM, the SDMViewer restarts until you force-stop or uninstall them. As it never allows the processor to relax, it slows down the device even when you are not using the app.
You can increase your productivity at work with the used com samsung sdm.sdmviewer package because it helps to manage the business calls without having to be beside the desk phone. You can initiate phone calls via the desk phone with your smartphone. So, it saves time and you can focus on your other tasks to complete.
However, not everyone works with a desk phone. In that case, keeping this pre-installed app is nothing but a waste of space. So, remove the app with any of the methods reviewed above to make room for more useful apps.
You may also be interested to know: