Every innovation comes with lots of possibilities. And it is especially true when technology gets involved with it.
The ongoing production of updated and well-functioned Android smartphones is significantly bearing the sign. But you also have to face the problem brought by them.
We always tend to use the latest version of the Android phone. But buying a new and latest Android phone is pricey most of the time. On top of that your existing smartphone encounters some technical issues as time changes. And to solve the problem, Odin, a special program comes in place.
Now here arises the question, “what is Odin Android?”
Sit tight! Because in this article, we will discuss the ins and outs of this topic.
Just walk with us!
What Is Odin?
Odin is a flashing tool specially designed for Samsung smartphones and tabs to introduce a new firmware or flash the device.
Most Android users use this tool significantly since it is lightweight yet powerful. By using Odin, you can flash firmware, a custom recovery, and a custom ROM on your Samsung devices. Moreover, you can strengthen the functions and operating systems of your Android smartphone with the help of Odin.
Sometimes Odin can be useful for unbricking certain Android devices. But unfortunately, this program only runs on the Windows platform. If you are on Linux or Mac OS, you can go for Heimdall, a good alternative to Odin.
As its official Samsung software, smartphone users don’t have any hesitation in using it. On top of that, the Samsung service centers use it not only for fixing issues but also for installing Stock Roms on Android-based devices.
Again, the Odin Android community keeps trying to provide the latest version of Odin with a downloading link.
To sum up, if you want to modify your device with the updated functions or repair it, Odin is a must having tool for you.
What Benefits Does The Odin Software Have To Offer?
There is a number of benefits you can get by having Odin software. Let’s look at some of these:
- The software is totally free so you don’t have to pay any bucks for it.
- It has a wonderful ratio of highly successful operation
- Odin flash tool allows its users to pick any version they need to install on their device.
- Installing Stock or Custom firmware on your phone becomes super easy by using it
- You can uninstall some in-built system applications in order to bypass some restrictions by rooting your Android phone. But rooting an Android phone is not so easy. The Odin tool makes the rooting process easier than your thought.
- It can automatically find out the issues and complete all the necessary actions required to fix the problem. That means downloading, extracting, and installing process is done automatically to flash your device.
- As the software belongs to a reputed manufacturer, you can rest assured about your phone’s security and privacy.
- The tool is also effective in fixing bugs from different software.
Things You Need To Use Odin In Your Android Device
Before using the software, make sure you have managed the following requirements:
- The device you want to modify or repair
- A windows laptop or desktop
- A working USB cable
- Installing the latest version of USB driver to avoid some probable issues
- Enabling developer option to continue the process
- Downloaded Odin tool
- Back up all essential data as you might lose them after the flashing action.
- 30% battery life before flashing
Where You Can Find Odin Software
You can download the tool directly from the official website of Samsung. After landing there, you will see a list of different versions of the Odin tool. We would suggest you try to download the latest version as the latest version is compatible with all Samsung devices.
You can download it from another third-party website also. In that case, you should go for the trusted Android community like XDA developers. They always try to provide you with the latest version of the Odin tool.
Method Of Using The Odin Software
As we said earlier, the Odin tool serves different purposes. But to make the tool run successfully, you’ll need to follow certain steps. Let’s have a look at them.
Download the latest USB driver that best suits your device on your PC.
Now download the necessary firmware file from a trusted source.
After that, you have to extract the downloaded file.
Now switch off your device.
To make the Odin tool run for you, open it as Run as Administrator.
Now turn your device into Odin mode aka download mode. And to do so, press and hold the power button+ home button+volume down button simultaneously for at least 5s to 10s.
Now to continue the process, you need to press the Volume up button.
Now connect your device to your PC when it is in download mode.
Make sure that you have successfully connected your device to Odin by checking the ID: COM section.
You see the AP button, simply click it.
After that, to do the job of flashing your device, select the file you have extracted already.
Wait for a while and let the Odin software analyze the file.
And finally to flash the required firmware file, press the Start button.
After completing the process, your phone will end up rebooting automatically in Stock Recovery Mode.
When your phone starts vibrating, press and hold the home button and volume down button at the same time.
After that, you will see some options on the screen. Among them, select the Factory Reset or Wipe Data option.
And finally to terminate the process, select Reboot System Now.
Some Noteworthy Pros And Cons Of Using The Odin Tool
Every software or tool has its own pros and cons. Let’s look at some pros and cons of implementing the Odin tool.
- Your smartphone gets updated and optimized for the latest version of apps and software
- Battery performance improves significantly
- Your phone earns the ability to fix bugs
- The operating system can be upgraded or disgraced by using different versions
- You will have a better user experience of using the camera
- It provides new features
- Brings back the default settings of the manufacturer
- Has a high risk of bricking your Android phone
- You might lose some old but useful features
- Your phone memory will be deleted
- It can void your smartphone’s warranty
Want to Read More interesting Post about android? Check the list: WHAT IS ANDROID EASTER EGGS WHAT IS TALKBACK FOR ANDROID What is finder app on android What is Busybox Android(Amazing facts & 3 step of configure)
You can’t deny the fact that we have made mobile phones an inseparable part of our daily life. And with advanced applications arising, we always develop an urge to ditch our existing smartphone for having a new one. But buying a new phone costs us a lot.
To help us get rid of this situation, the Odin tool plays a vital role by flashing our phone and enabling us to enjoy the latest feature of Android phones.
Now it is time to download the Odin tool not only for enjoying the new features but also for repairing your phone if there is an issue to deal with.