Smart Certified Project Manager is a system app on android mobiles developed by Samsung. In short, it is also called the SCPM client. It is a built-in app on android phones. So, you may have wondered now and then, what is SCPM client?
What Does SCPM Client Do on Android?
This app manages the power usage and optimization on your device with the Smart Manager. It enforces the power administration policies of your device. In addition, it makes the battery optimization system better by updating the power usage of your phone.
Is This App Harmful to My Phone?
Many people don’t know what’s SCPM client is. So, you may find many questions online if It’s a virus or spyware. But, as we’ve explained before, the SCPM client is a system app on Samsung phones that helps battery optimization. So, it is not harmful to your device in any way. Instead, it helps your phone give better service.
Does The SCPM Client Drain the Battery?
Usually, the SCPM client app doesn’t have a problem with too much power consumption. It instead controls the power saving and optimization of your phone. So if you face a battery draining issue on your Samsung phone, the high probability is other third-party apps cause it. But if you still start having this problem, you can clear data in the app’s internal settings to fix it.
What Permissions Does This App Have on My Phone?
Now you know everything about What is SCPM client on android. The next question in your mind may be about what permissions it has to my phone? Permissions are the necessary accesses you give an app to perform well. To see the permissions any app on your phone has, you can check it from the settings like below:
- Go to Settings and tap
- Tap on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Find system apps.
- Tap on SCPM Client and then find permissions.
SCPM client does not need any permission for proper functioning.
Does The SCPM Client Require Internet Service?
Yes, it does. SCPM client’s main task is to operate the power optimization system of the mobile. It does the job with the help of the Smart Manager. Then it creates different power optimization profiles for all the apps in your Samsung phone. Samsung updates these profiles continuously. The SCPM client uses the internet connection to check on these profiles.
If you install a new app on your android, the smart manager keeps a record of the app’s data usage. The SCPM client connects to the internet to check for updates to the power saving profile and then applies the revised power saving profiles to that app’s policies.
How Can I Fix the Problems?
Sometimes your system app manager shows the notification ‘SCPM client stopped working.’ There are several issues you might face. You can solve them in multiple ways.
1. Restart your phone.
2. Check for software updates:
- Go to settings.
- Find the software update
- Check if there is any update available.
- If yes, then download and then install the update.
3. Clear Cache and App data:
- Open the Settings app.
- Find the apps option and tap the ellipsis icon (three dots).
- Select Show system apps.
- Go to the SCPM client and tap on Storage.
- Tap the Clear Cache and Clear data
This step should solve most issues. If not, there are some other ways to try.
4. Reset App Preferences:
- Complete the first 3 steps of the previous method.
- Next, go to the SCPM client app.
- Select Reset app preferences and tap the OK button.
5. Clear Cache Partition:
- Turn off your Samsung device.
- Press the power, volume up, and volume down buttons. Hold them. It will boot the device recovery mood.
- Then press the volume down button. It will go to the wipe cache partition.
- Press the power button to select that.
- Wait for the completion of the process.
- Then Restart or reboot the device using the volume buttons and the power button.
6. Factory Reset:
- Open the Settings app.
- Find the general management option and open it.
- Tap the reset
- Go to factory data reset.
- Tap the reset button to finish. If your screen has any lock for privacy, you’ll need to enter that to complete.
Factory reset wipes all the internal and external data from the device. You should backup the data before resetting. It will help if you use factory reset only as a last resort.
Download SCPM Client APK
If you want to download the SCPM client as a third-party app, you have the option. You have to download the APK from a trusted website and then install it.
There might be situations when your built-in app keeps bugging. In that case, you may want to uninstall the app (process described below). After the uninstallation, you can download the apk and reinstall it.
Note: Uninstalling a system app is not recommended unless you have to.
Can I Disable the App from My Phone?
As an average user, you cannot uninstall or disable this app as you’d do in the case of a third-party app. But if you want to disable it in any way, here are two ways-
1. Use the System App remover (Root will be needed):
- Download a third-party app named System App Remover for the play store.
- Download and install
- Launch the app on your device.
- Go to the app, search for SCPM Client, and select
- You’ll find an uninstall Tap it.
- SCPM client should be uninstalled from your phone if you follow the steps correctly.
2. Use Android Debug Bridge [ADB] (Windows PC will be needed):
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to About phone and tap seven times on the build number
- It will activate the developer options.
- Enable USB debugging by selecting it.
- Download ADB.
- Extract the ZIP file and open the folder.
- Hold the shift button and right-click.
- Open PowerShell
- Run the adb devices
- Use a USB cable to connect your phone to the PC.
- Make sure to keep the file transfer mode
- Select OK for the USB debugging
- Run adb devices command again.
- Your device serial number will show up.
- Run the command adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com.samsung.android.sm.policy.
- The app will be uninstalled from your device after a few seconds.
You may Also interested to know :
The most common question about the app, ‘what is SCPM client?’ has been cleared out in this article. We have also discussed its functions, problems that may appear, possible solutions, and how to download it. In any need about SCPM clients, this article will help you!