Many of the world’s biggest console games like the Mario series, Pokemon have a huge fanbase. These do not run in all kinds of operating systems. Apple doesn’t support game emulator apps, But, if you want to play games then there is an app called GBA4iOS.
The question comes ‘Why did my GBA4iOS stop working when it was before?’
If your GBA4iOS stops working, it might be because of some bugs or you may have done something wrong while installing it. And, yes of course Apple does not want to lose control of its business. So, it does not let its users use third-party applications easily.
Actually, these issues have been going on for a long time now. Also, Nintendo filed a copyright suit against it. So, it is getting difficult to get access to it.
What is GBA4iOS?
GBA4iOS is one of the most popular emulators designed by an iOS developer named Riley Testut. This emulator is suitable for Gameboy games and compatible with iOS 7 or higher versions.
You may find a lot of emulators like this one for your iOS in Jailbreak or Cydia store. However, using Jailbreak or Cydia is a hassle for many people. Also, Cydia is no longer available for free. Consider these factors, GBA4iOS is the best solution to have.
You can easily install this app without having Jailbreak or paying for Cydia as well. Along with its availability and ease to use, this app is safe for your phone. You will find a lot of positive reviews in iOS community.
What can be the reasons?
There can be many problems for which GBA4iOS might stop working. Some of them are mentioned below. Check them to find out if you have those problems or not.
- You might have restarted your iPhone or Mac before GBA4iOS started to run. If you do that your GBA4iOS will not run on your device. You have to restart your phone by turning it off.
- Your GBA4iOS might not be verified. Without verification, you can not run third-party applications on your device. So, you have to verify before running it. Make sure to have a steady internet connection. Or, you will be unable to verify it.
- It may not be available in your region. So, use a VPN to change your location.
How to solve the problems?
If you have problems using GBBA4iOS, then there are some ways to solve these problems. Here are some of them:
1. Restart iOS before GBA4iOS can run
Suppose you’ve restarted your iPhone or Mac before GBA4iOS started to run, it may cause problems and your GBA4iOS might stop working. If that happens, all you have to do is-
- Go to General Settings and then Date & Time.
- Then, turn off the ‘Set Automatically’ option.
- Change your device time any time before February 2014.
- Now, open the GBA4iOS.
Every time you face this problem when you turn on or off your iOS, then follow these steps.
2. Verify GBA4iOS App
If your GBA4iOS is not verified, then it is possible to face many problems. Follow these steps to verify-
- First, go to General Settings.
- And then, Click on Profiles & Device Management. Next, go to the Enterprise App section.
- To trust and verify GBA4iOS, all you need to do is tap on Trust “Meridian Medical Network Corp.” Then tap “Trust” again to confirm trusting the app.
That is the way to verify your GBA4iOS app.
3. Use a VPN
GBA4iOS might not run in your area. So,
- Change your location using VPN. There are lots of free VPN apps available on the App Store.
- The process is simple after signup. Install any VPN, create an account. Select any region (USA, Canada, or Singapore would be a good choice).
- You may face difficulties with lots of ads that come with these VPNs. Install adblocker in your device.
4. Uninstall and reinstall GBA4i0S
One of the classic solutions to software problems is uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.
- First, tap and hold on to the GBA4iOS stuck app icon on your device’s home screen.
- Hold until the screen starts to jiggle the app on the home screen.
- Then, a pop-up will ask you to Delete or cancel the app. You have to tap Delete.
So, your GBA4iOS is uninstalled. So now you need to reinstall it and enjoy playing a new Nintendo game on your iOS.
Can you get a GBA emulator on an iPhone?
GameBoy Advance is one of the most popular gaming consoles solely made for playing games. It is a paid console. But if you own an iOS, you might not need to pay all that unnecessary money. All you have to do is install GBA Emulator iOS on your iPhone and enjoy all the GBA games that are available out there. There are a lot of GBA emulators out there.
It is by far the best GBA emulator for iOS you can ever find on the internet. If your iPhone is running on iOS 11 or above, it will allow you to play all GBA games for free. It has lots of cool features such as Multiplayer support, Redesigned for iOS 7, iPad Support, Game Boy Color Support, iOS 7 Controller Support, Save the state, Event Distribution, Dropbox Sync, Custom Controller Skins, Sustain Button. But the only downfall is that it is difficult to set up.
2. Delta Emulator
Delta Emulator has the same developers who developed GBA4iOS. It allows you to play games of Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, GBC, and GBA directly on your iPhone. Just like GBA4iOS, Delta Emulator also has lots of features.
It has limitations but is workable. It allows you to save and load states, activate cheat codes. This one also has a fast forward option, also supports game ROM, has multiple controller skin, horizontal and vertical modes, Dropbox & Google drive synchronization, and so on.
Got more questions to ask? Please have a look at the questions and answers below.
Why don’t GBA4iOS install on my iPhone?
If you have a problem with installing GBA4iOS, it may be because you can’t find the “Profiles” button which actually is under the General tab of the Settings app. Also, you need to delete and reinstall whichever third-party app you were using earlier.
Did GBA4iOS get shut down?
After Nintendo filed a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) takedown, ‘GBA4iOS’ a popular GameBoy emulator got shut down and has been removed by its creator Riley.
Does GBA4iOS work on iOS 13?
GBA4iOS, a popular GameBoy emulator app was released and is now available to all users. It is massively popular because you do not need to use any kind of jailbreak whatsoever.
Apple strictly follows its license agreement and does not want you to use emulators on your iOS, mainly because of business purposes. So, it is obvious that you will not find these third-party emulators in the official app store.
You may Also interested to know :
Now you know the answer: ‘why did my GBA4iOS stop working when it was before?’
GBA4iOS is by far the best GBA emulator for iOS you can ever find on the internet. If your iPhone is running on iOS 11 or above, it will allow you to play all GBA games for free. It has lots of cool features, which makes it more popular among iOS users.
But, as it breaks the license agreement of Apple and replicates games of many other platforms like Nintendo etc, it is kind of illegal to use it. But, there is a loophole. GBA4iOS requires virtual ROM to share copyrighted ROM in order to work. So, it is not illegal to download games you already own.
GBA4iOS is a third-party app. So, it requires permission and verification to work. Which, if you do not give, it will not run. Make sure to give it permission and then if you face any problem, then read the whole article carefully. Find out the reason behind the problem and solve it.