Xcode is mainly developed for creating Apple’s apps or software for iOS and macOS based. Technically, this software only supports Apple devices, and the app developers with the Macbook can use this Xcode file. Without Macbook, it is also available for other operating systems as well.
The Xcode command PhaseScriptExecution failed with a nonzero exit issue is common among the developers, and this is not a reason for a bug or malware attack! It happens when there is a script and the app is unable to match.
In today’s article, we will discuss the Xcode phase script execution command error solutions and how to install them on the Mac device. So, let’s see what the solutions are.
What is Xcode?
Indeed, Xcode is a code editor and integrated development environment (IDE) assisting tool for app developers. Apple inc developed this tool to minimize the workload for the developers by providing collections of integrated tools.
Apple Inc. mainly designed it to develop the apple device’s apps for iOS and desktop applications for macOS, but it is also available for the Windows platforms.
What is Xcode Command PhaseScriptExecution Failed with A Nonzero Exit Code, and How to Solve It?
Performing actions with Xcode, the developers often face application and script operating failures. The Xcode 11 “Command PhaseScriptExecution failed with a nonzero exit code” is one of the foreseen errors among the developers. It indicates that some application or script is not functioning correctly.
This error will not allow the user to run the tool accurately, so troubleshooting before proceeding is the requirement. Here we will discuss two fixing methods, and following them will be precise.
- Extract the Keychain access.
- After the extraction, log in to clear the access, and from the new menu, tap on the lock and then again tap on the unlocking option.
- Now open the Xcode and inside the window, you will see a clean Xcode “Project” command, tap on it to remove all previous history.
- Tap on the “restart your build” again or “run your build again” command.
- From the terminal app section, extract the Xcode project folder.
- Type and operate this command “pod disintegration.”
- Now again, type and process this command “pod install.”
- Exit from the current window and re-enter the Xcode.
- Extract the Product category and tap on the clean build file.
- Now restart the app for a fresh start.
How to Download Xcode and Install it on Your Mac?
This is an Apple-made app, but still, without some basic requirements, you cannot download it on your apple device. Before downloading, ensure the basic demands are present and then go for it.
- Minimum a Mac with 11 operating systems.
- You can run it on a minimum of 4GB RAM, but there will be a lag or slow down, so 8 GB is recommended.
- The Xcode needs a good amount of space, so you just need to keep a minimum of 8 Gigabyte storage.
- You can download it on MacBook, iMac, or Mac mini (2013-2015) version.
- Must need an iTunes account for this.
We discussed multiple commands and codes; you just need to type these codes in the current working directory of your device so that you can minimize the risk rate of several typing and can browse to the specific folders directly.
Note that you must need to type this <cd> before setting the command.
Step-1: Download the Xcode
- Go to Apple’s original developer website, find the “More” option from the site and click on it.
- Login to the menu by applying your iTunes account.
- Find the available version and select one according to your preferences.
- Now download the Xcode x x x.zip file and select the device location where you want to save the file.
- After the entire download, you need to extract the Zip file.
- Open the folder where you have saved the Zip file and double-click on it.
- This command will create an exact version, and the entire process is automatic. So you don’t need to touch anything further. After the extraction, it will create another file in the same location.
Step-2: Install the Command Line Tool (CLT)
- In this step, you need to update the CLT and for that, go to the app developer website.
- Enter the <dmg> command to open the menu.
- Type this code <xcode-select —install> and direct code access will only work if you don’t have any old Xcode files on your device. If the command shows failure, then manually tap on the CLT update button and wait for the update.
- After the download, click on the file. It will ask you for the location, and a few permissions just keep clicking on the next. Lastly, press the finish command.
- After finishing the installation process, the system will ask you to move the dmg file to the trash bin, as this is a one-time-use file. So there is no necessity to keep it.
Step-3: Open Xcode
Note that you will need to reinstall those certificates in your simulator if you use any VPN tools. If you have any issues creating or managing a project, ensure to double-check which device you are trying to launch.
The new version might not identify the device you previously used, so there will be a system clash. While adding the file, you will need to re-confirm that.
- Go to the Application folder and install the most recent Xcode release.
- If you’ve changed the file name, then make sure you are extracting the accurate file.
- You will get multiple menu options regarding downloading extension files, skip it and tap on the install.
- Open the terminal window and type this command <brew config>.
- You will see both the CLT” and “Xcode” versions.
- Open the Xcode file, and you can see the work history and can start working from the last edit.
After the entire installation process, you can delete the Xcode folder, including the extension files like .dmg and CLT, as these are not necessary files.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q’s):
What are the Advantages of Xcode?
The UI creator’s design is straightforward and user-friendly, making it simple enough for a rookie developer to utilize. Developers have the chance to study heap analysis and profiling by employing smooth methodologies.
Also, the Xcode simulator makes it simple to test the app after setting things up, and the simple navigation helped the business establish a solid consumer base.
Can I Use Xcode on My Windows?
Yes, you can install and use the Xcode on your windows, but you must have to install it through a third-party application. Though you may face lots of conflicts while creating any iOS on windows, you will also get solutions for this.
It is not possible for everyone to buy a MacBook to create an iOS app or software, so for them, an alternative indirect downloading method is the best option.
Is Xcode a Reliable IDE?
It is a well-integrated development environment (IDE); this program is licensed by Apple and is utilized to develop software for creating iOS applications. It is a simple and effective tool for the creation of applications which is why it’s on the top of the list of software development tools.
Can I Remove the Xcode?
After finishing the use, if you find the app useless then removing it will not cause any destructive impact on your program files.
Later, if you want to have the file again, then log in to your iTunes account and download the Xcode again, and you can start the editing from where you left the programming.
What are the Disadvantages of Xcode on Mac?
The C programming language is one of the biggest barriers to Xcode because it is an old and outdated language. Additionally, porting an app to a device is a complex procedure, and there’s no support for the environment when working across different Windows or OS.
Again, it takes a while for the App Store to approve a request, and there isn’t much online support available; that is why for any fixation, you need to visit customer care physically.
The Xcode app programming error will make a barrier to creating a new iOS app. It shows that there must be some issues inside the file, and prevailing with the error will not allow you to get approval from Apple.
We hope our discussed fixing methods regarding Xcode command PhaseScriptExecution failed with a nonzero exit will help you solve the issue without any hassle. For easygoing, better if you look over the existing language before starting the fixing processes to make the correction more smoothly.
You may also interested to know: